Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,225

0 members and 3,225 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Neck Kink

Thanks

Re: Bad Neck Kink

Yes it was Steve's Morphs that produced and sold her the snake. My exact response to him was that any responsible breeder would cull this snake and never allow his genetics to be passed along and never to sell a snake with a kink. He only responded by saying the snake acted ok when he shipped it. Then stated he could not predict when a snake will have a problem, 2 weeks, 2 years. The issue is that the snake had a bad kink that if not affecting it now will affect it in its life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    If you do decide to go the BOI route over at Fauna... Make sure you come correct. Post all the facts correctly or they will eat you alive. It's very easy to be left feeling like it's all your own fault if you don't do it right. Every word you post is picked over with a fine tooth comb. It's a great resource and serves it's purpose but you can't go at it half cocked.
    This is good advice. If you don’t have every email, text conversation ready to post so they can see it, don’t even bother. Search their BOI for other posts about the company before hand so you can see what others have said about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jbabycsx For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018)

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

The snake may have an issue that was exacerbated due to the stress of transport/shipping.
    I would give the snake some time to settle down before deciding to euthanize it.
    *.* TNTC

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),Jbabycsx (12-30-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    The snake may have an issue that was exacerbated due to the stress of transport/shipping.
    I would give the snake some time to settle down before deciding to euthanize it.
    For sure. When was it shipped? What were the temps it had to go through to get to you? What are the temps in its enclosure now?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    I'd also take short videos like that of the snake every day/few days with a time stamp, just for a record... If you do post on the BOI on fauna (which I totally would).

Does the breeder have a policy statement on their morphmarket or any of his pages? Usually breeders will have a "health guarantee within a week of arrival" or something similar. If you have a date on the video in your first post and it's within his guarantee, then you can post on the BOI regardless if the snake was "fine with him" or not.

Also agree with above that if you do post, make sure to post all texts, convos, pictures, his policy, etc. in the opening post. People will immediately question you pretty harshly and the thread can last for ages and be unorganized if not all information is provided upfront.

If your thread on the BOI is successful, I think that's the best way to get your refund!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-30-2018 at 07:36 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

He was shipped 3 weeks ago. His enclosure is controlled at 85 degrees with humidity at 60% He has both hides, hot and cool zones. He has had time to settle in, but as you can see he cannot control his body from the kink forward. His tail has no muscle tone, he cant curl his tail to hold onto things. I am giving him time to see if he can regain anything, but the long and short of it is this snake, if it survives, will have a very difficult and possible painful life as long as it lives.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

The breeders guarantee was for 7 days, but my wife had him 2 weeks prior to Christmas, so the time had passed by the time I got him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Bye View Post
    He was shipped 3 weeks ago. His enclosure is controlled at 85 degrees with humidity at 60% He has both hides, hot and cool zones. He has had time to settle in, but as you can see he cannot control his body from the kink forward. His tail has no muscle tone, he cant curl his tail to hold onto things. I am giving him time to see if he can regain anything, but the long and short of it is this snake, if it survives, will have a very difficult and possible painful life as long as it lives.
    I agree. Sorry you and your wife are going through this. Hopefully there will be some type of refund or replacement or a vast improvement is made in the snake.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

He was shipped 3 weeks ago.
    The breeders guarantee was for 7 days, but my wife had him 2 weeks prior to Christmas, so the time had passed by the time I got him.
    That's unfortunate. This will make it harder to get the refund or for a BOI thread to be successful I think, but hopefully someone with more experience and advice can chime in.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-30-2018 at 07:44 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

I feel so bad for you both and the snake. This is so heartbreaking. The person that sold it to you is a perfect example of someone that has no business breeding anything

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast