Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

2 members and 3,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: New to Ball Pythons, breeding question.

Hahaha… thank you MR Snakes!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gottalovett For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Thanks Redshepherd painted it for me!
    A very talented artist for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalovett View Post
    Hahaha… thank you MR Snakes!
    Hopefully you saw the humor. If not I apologize.

Thanks

Thank you again Mr Snakes! I did catch your sarcasm by the way. I am new to BP. Net and have noticed other people asking for similar advice without scrutiny. I guess I just got luck. Ugh. Its ok though, I did get something from the harsh post. "Breed what you like". I have been using the morph calculator non stop! Problem is there are so many morphs its harder to pick a direction these days. I'm also quote aware there are lethal combinations that I would like to avoid.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Exclamation

Breeding ball pythons should DEFINITELY require careful planning. Not just husbandry and incubation, but IS THERE A MARKET FOR THE MORPHS YOU MIGHT PRODUCE AND DO YOU KNOW HOW YOU ARE GOING TO SELL OR REHOME THESE HATCHINGS?
    I see people breeding saturated low value morphs, and not considering the reality of caring for a whole clutch of hatchlings while they figure out how to sell them.
    Example: breeding a spider to a pastel. Spiders and pastels are both beautiful morphs! So let’s breed!
    Odds: ¼:normals $25; ¼:spiders $50; ¼:pastels $40, ¼:bumblebee $100.... IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND A BUYER. most people will buy a higher end morph, or they will just buy from a pet store.
    once you figure in the cost of rodents, substrate, heating and other terrarium needs, any marketing costs, possibly taxes, you are losing money, negative profit!

Deb might be a bit blunt, but she has solid advice from being highly experienced.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-11-2018),Craiga 01453 (12-11-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (12-11-2018),tttaylorrr (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalovett View Post
    Thank you again Mr Snakes! I did catch your sarcasm by the way. I am new to BP. Net and have noticed other people asking for similar advice without scrutiny. I guess I just got luck. Ugh. Its ok though, I did get something from the harsh post. "Breed what you like". I have been using the morph calculator non stop! Problem is there are so many morphs its harder to pick a direction these days. I'm also quote aware there are lethal combinations that I would like to avoid.

OK, so I wasn't the only one to think the comment was a bit harsh. Glad you caught the sarcasm. Wish others could as I can't make it much more obvious. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Breeding ball pythons should DEFINITELY require careful planning. Not just husbandry and incubation, but IS THERE A MARKET FOR THE MORPHS YOU MIGHT PRODUCE AND DO YOU KNOW HOW YOU ARE GOING TO SELL OR REHOME THESE HATCHINGS?
    I see people breeding saturated low value morphs, and not considering the reality of caring for a whole clutch of hatchlings while they figure out how to sell them.
    Example: breeding a spider to a pastel. Spiders and pastels are both beautiful morphs! So let’s breed!
    Odds: ¼:normals $25; ¼:spiders $50; ¼:pastels $40, ¼:bumblebee $100.... IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND A BUYER. most people will buy a higher end morph, or they will just buy from a pet store.
    once you figure in the cost of rodents, substrate, heating and other terrarium needs, any marketing costs, possibly taxes, you are losing money, negative profit!

Deb might be a bit blunt, but she has solid advice from being highly experienced.

And just where do you get the idea that the OP is breeding to go into business? If I missed it I apologize.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    OK, so I wasn't the only one to think the comment was a bit harsh. Glad you caught the sarcasm. Wish others could as I can't make it much more obvious. Thank you

And just where do you get the idea that the OP is breeding to go into business? If I missed it I apologize.
    So if they are not selling or rehoming the hatchlings, they are just going to keep all the babies? Thats a lot of mouths to feed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    So if they are not selling or rehoming the hatchlings, they are just going to keep all the babies? Thats a lot of mouths to feed.
    Not sure as he hasn't said.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123