I made a big mistake...

So the vet called back today while I was away and left a message. Ace and Bane are doing well but not yet clean of nematodes. They will have to go through hopefully just one more treatment of the dewormer. The problem is not that they have worms still we can get that taken care of. The problem is that Ace showed me and the vet where she got some of her parasites in the first place. The picture is pretty as clear as it gets now. So the earthworms I was giving my toads had nematodes in and parasites. I got works from a few places too. Ace was confirmed with a parasite from earthworms some nematode species. I'm frustrated she has it and from what I understand the dewormer will wipe them out but now I have to be done with earthworms. It's to risky and costly for me. I won't discourage people from using them but I will not is them or recommend them anymore. It's possible it's just been my experience but when $200 can be saved by not using worms I could use that money for other feeders. I just wanted to report this because we found the culprit that most likely got Ace very sick. The other toads have this too I don't even have to guess because all last summer they ate worms. I'm optimistic that after one more treatment they will be okay and Ace will be done with the earthworm nematodes. Bane doesn't have them because tree frogs refuse earthworms. Smart frogs.

So when I call back the vet tomorrow I will schedule the appointment for Christian, Pious and Max. I'll have a lot of poop to take with me now.

It's been difficult with having all these tanks around but I know we are close for some of the animals to be parasite free. It's been a hard winter but for the toads and tree frogs there have been no casualties in the great nematode war.

Pious and Christian will hopefully be dewormed faster because they haven't had a prolapse or anything that will take away from the root of the problem. This isn't the big update tonight I just wanted to say we found something big out tonight and the consequences of the earthworms is small for the toads but somewhere else in another faction there may be more severe consequences.

I have some big news for the weekend to share with you guys.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk