Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,305

1 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Large Mice or Rat Pups

I have a banana BP that is right at 200 grams. I have been feeding him small adult mice, but once I finish those (5 left) I will either go up to large mice or rat pups. Is one better than the other ? I read somewhere else that anything smaller than a weaner rat was just "fat and milk", but I'd also like to get him onto rats sooner rather than later. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Large Mice or Rat Pups

Quote Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
    I have a banana BP that is right at 200 grams. I have been feeding him small adult mice, but once I finish those (5 left) I will either go up to large mice or rat pups. Is one better than the other ? I read somewhere else that anything smaller than a weaner rat was just "fat and milk", but I'd also like to get him onto rats sooner rather than later. Any thoughts?
    Getting them on rats as soon as possible is better imo. That way you dont need to feed 2+ mice to 1 rat as they get older. Its more convenient to put on rats and im not 100% sure but i was told rats have a little more nutriention to them etc.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I'd highly recommend getting him on rats sooner rather than later. Some pythons will not make the transition when they get older, and I personally don't want to feed 2-3 mice a week, it's more expensive and a pain in the hind end. Plus rats are more nutritionally complete.