Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,272

1 members and 3,271 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

General Baby Ball Python Care?

Okay so I just got my baby pastel a few weeks ago. She seems to be doing pretty well. I keep her in a tub which I mist about once a day and then I have a humud hide which she only seems to use when she feels the need to. I have holes drilled in the tub, a heat mat and thermostat set to 91 (fluctuates between 89 and 93). I have a heat gun. I am currently using coco husk as a substrate. I have a log hide to assist with shedding since its rough and then 2 hides with just one hole so she feels more secure. She is pretty defensive when she is in her enclosure but once she's out she's usually fine. I handle her about 3 times a week (not when shedding (which she hasn't done yet) or for about 2 days after eating). She eats a live hopper every 4ish days. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips? How often should I hold her, how can I cut back on her defensive behavior in her tub, should I switch her to frozen, is there any other decent bedding I should try? Also she has a small gray scaley patch on the top of her head? It doesn't look like stuck shed but I'm not totally sure. Its more visible in certain light and only from some angles, I can get a pic if necessary but I'm just not sure what it is. How do I protect her from future respiratory infections? I've seen her yawn a couple of times and I'm not sure if that is a sign or anything. Sorry, I'm just a very concerned new snake mom haha, I want her to be as comfortable as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    you said you just got her..you need to let her get used to her enclosure 1st!
    sheneeds a consistent 3 straight meals 1st at least before trying to handle her ..also you hot side seems lil too hot if you’re getting 93.. I’d try to lower itso it stays between 88-90, and not higher. the substrate is a great choice.. iused coco till i got my rack on .. but glass will have its benefits - yoursnake is in a cool enclosure and can be seen, but also the tight hides and alot of clutter so they feel secure and in secret. i see you said a fewweeks.... is that month or -<3 weeks? i do see you said tube so humidityshould be easily maintained. feeding should be weekly! not every 4 days .. theywill refuse if offered too much and eventually - especially with shed you'llend up having a PET rat soon (not a hopper long lol) .. If your going to switchto F/T I'd wait till you have some consistency with a strict 7-10 day schedule,-someone might chime in and advise some better more informative input- but thisis MO and how I have gotten my guys in line so they all eat same day - even mybaby boy - but also there is a care sheet on here id check that out for feedingscheduling and other issues your sure to run into as we all do eventually.maybe post some pics so ppl can see your set up and possibly help withmore ..
    but lesshandling and structured feeding schedule and she wil learn to love you I havefaith in you .. good luck!!

Thanks

Re: General Baby Ball Python Care?

Thank you so much. Now that i think about it, I've had her about 5 weeks and she's eaten about 4 times I will definitely get a consistent schedule and work on temp and humidity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jade.gray For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (11-13-2018)