Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

2 members and 3,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Early signs of RI ? Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Well that's totally up to you. Vets have trouble diagnosing issues without real symptoms, plus the visit itself can be stressful & can even expose them to some new
    germs, not to mention temperature fluctuations going to & from. (-have you ever caught a cold or virus a few days after sitting in a doctor's office for a routine visit,
    when others there were sick?)

Most here prefer tubs or plastic enclosures...not me, I'm a glass tank user. Either one can be modified to work well. (I have kept BPs in
    the past, but I mostly & currently keep colubrids, plus a spotted python & a rosy boa.)

Nice! Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people prefer tubs to glass enclosures , but with proper adjustments and care both can work easily. Depending on the snake too.
    I’m going to switch the female from her tank to a tub, since that’s what she lived in for years before I got her, and she’s probably stressed from the change.

And ok, then I might just wait it out. If I see any symptoms present then I will take them to the vet then.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,835 Times in 11,849 Posts

Re: Early signs of RI ? Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaro View Post
    Nice! Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people prefer tubs to glass enclosures , but with proper adjustments and care both can work easily. Depending on the snake too.
    I’m going to switch the female from her tank to a tub, since that’s what she lived in for years before I got her, and she’s probably stressed from the change.

And ok, then I might just wait it out. If I see any symptoms present then I will take them to the vet then.
    I would stay very observant for now...if there was any bleach smell left that irritated your one snake's respiratory tract, that should subside (assuming it's gone now?).
    Vets are like many other doctors...if you ask they might prescribe an antibiotic that isn't actually needed, which could be worse than doing nothing (by making resistant
    germs & negatively impacting their digestion). Just make sure your temps & humidity are correct. Stress negatively impacts a snake's immune system (ability to fight
    off disease) the same as it does for humans & other animals...if she is stressed now she might well be happier with a more familiar set-up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12