Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,159

0 members and 3,159 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: It figures!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

It figures!!!

Well, I'm flying out tomorrow morning to Oklahoma to visit my birth family (I go every year) and last night Kashmire's eyes turned blue. I suspected he was going to go into shed right before I left, because the belly was starting to turn pink. I kept lecturing him though "Kashy, you MUST wait until Mommy gets back before you go into shed!!!" LOL

Poor Karl has gotten the lecture - "Don't worry about feeding him, I'll feed him before I leave, just mist his cage, PLEASE mist his cage in the morning before you go to work and again in the evening when you get home. Change his water daily and READ THIS THERMOMETER!!! If you forget, the ideal temps and humidity while I'm gone are taped to the desk!!!!" Then..."now what are you going to do while I'm gone??? Repeat back to me!!!"

It figures he'd go into shed when I'm not there to be anal about the whole thing! I'll be back late next Saturday night, so you folks behave yourselves!!!! I'll miss you! I will have my cell phone on me for those of you who have the number if you need to reach me!

Thanks

Re: It figures!!!

I hope you have a safe trip. I know you'll be making several calls home to check on the shedding process. LOL!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

oh my Robin! I'm sorry I'm giggling but I can just see Karl rolling his eyes behind your back dear! Did you even ask if he'd be okay while you were gone????? LMAO

Have a great visit!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Even if the humidity goes to 10% while you're gone it's really no big deal ... if he has a stuck shed when you get home just soak him to get it off.

Stuck sheds have no direct adverse effects on your snake at all. The biggest problem is eyecaps which might make feeding difficult and if you allow multiple stuck sheds to "build up" he could get skin legions.

There's really nothing to worry about. Enjoy your trip!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    oh my Robin! I'm sorry I'm giggling but I can just see Karl rolling his eyes behind your back dear! Did you even ask if he'd be okay while you were gone????? LMAO

Have a great visit!

~~Jo~~
    Actually, no I didn't! LOL But he'll be fine! I'm stocking the fridge before I leave. All he needs is a full tank of gas to get to work (going to be using my car instead of his SUV while I'm gone) and food in his belly and he'll be fine. Oh, that reminds me...have to pick up dog food, cat food and cat litter too! LOL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Even if the humidity goes to 10% while you're gone it's really no big deal ... if he has a stuck shed when you get home just soak him to get it off.

Stuck sheds have no direct adverse effects on your snake at all. The biggest problem is eyecaps which might make feeding difficult and if you allow multiple stuck sheds to "build up" he could get skin legions.

There's really nothing to worry about. Enjoy your trip!

-adam
    Thanks Adam! But I don't want stuck shed! I want a perfect shed! OK, going to put that OCDness into the closet now. Now though, I'm worrying about a dirty cage. He won't stick his hand in low enough to pick up the shed (won't admit it, but he's scared of Kash). He'll open the top, mist, and pour water into the dish, but that's about it. But he will watch every feeding! hehehehe!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I hope you have a safe trip. I know you'll be making several calls home to check on the shedding process. LOL!
    You know it! And reminders to mist. I figure if he follows his last three patterns, he'll probably shed on Monday or Tuesday. His eyes should be going clear tomorrow and the shed 2 to 3 days later.

I just hate I miss seeing Kash right after he sheds. I always love seeing the subtle changes immediately after the shed!

Thanks

Too bad about the timing. Kashmire just wanted to make sure that he would be completely on your mind the whole time you are away.
    khara

0.0.1 Ball Python (Sobe)
    1.0.0 Trinket Snake (Drizzt)
    1.0.0 Yellow Rat Snake (Basilisk)
    1.0.0 Corn/Gopher Hybrid (Etrigan)

"Well-behaved women seldom make history."