Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,314

1 members and 3,313 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Best setup

Thanks

Best setup

So I currently have an ExoTerra large (36"x18"x18") with my banana BP (475 grams). I have two Zilla thermostats(on/off) , one on a CHE, the other on an UTH. 89f hot spot, 83.5f ambient on hot side, 79f ambient on cool side.

A few days ago I found a good deal on CL for 2 Pro Heat radiant heat panels (65 watt) and 1Vivarium Electronics VE-200D thermostat, and 1 Herpstat 1 Redline thermostat. So of course I couldn't pass up all that for $120...

So my question is, would I be better off putting one of the RHPs in the tank to replace the CHE? Everything I've read seems to say it will heat more evenly, plus I wouldn't have a big light on top of the cage for the CHE anymore.

Another question is about the thermostats. Since I now have 2 of the Zilla thermostats, the Herpstat 1 redline, and the Vivarium Electronics VE-200D....

Should I use the VE-200d and the Herpstat 1 Redline since they are better quality and have an actual temperature readout?

Thanks for any help and info. https://imgur.com/zA893Na

Thanks
    The herpstat i’ve heard works really well, mine does work great too. If you switch your way of heating just make sure it’s safe and that it keeps a good temperature on both the hot and cool side. Hope this helps

Thanks

Re: Best setup

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmijn View Post
    The herpstat i’ve heard works really well, mine does work great too. If you switch your way of heating just make sure it’s safe and that it keeps a good temperature on both the hot and cool side. Hope this helps
    Yea that's the plan, I just want to see if anyone thinks it's worth switching to one of the heat panels I got. That and if I should switch to the new thermostats.

Thanks
    I would switch to all of your new equipment. It seems the RHP would more evenly heat the enclosure ans have less impact on the humidity and if you have better temp control equipment, there's no reason not to run it.

Thanks

Re: Best setup

Quote Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
    I would switch to all of your new equipment. It seems the RHP would more evenly heat the enclosure ans have less impact on the humidity and if you have better temp control equipment, there's no reason not to run it.
    That's what I was thinking but I also didn't want to do the work changing things and finding the best settings when I have things perfect right now that's why I wanted others opinions though so I guess I'll get started tomorrow!