Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,180

0 members and 3,180 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Feliz - Venezuelan "Dwarf" BCC

Quote Originally Posted by caravaggiooo View Post
    ^ You're welcome! Honestly, if I'd known about these boas beforehand (and if they're even attainable in my country), I would've had a hard time settling on another snake. BCCs are so cool but they're way out of my size range, so I would've jumped at a dwarf variety! It's a pity they're so uncommon, but that makes them all the more special too.

The Complete Boa Constrictor is on my wishlist but I haven't been able to find one for a decent price here, I don't know if I ever will! If I owned it I would've known about Venezuelan BCCs already

Anyways I can't wait to see more progress pics of Feliz! If he's supposed to be looking dull now...
    Yeah, dull? Well, we will see as time goes on. If he stay anything close to this, I will be ecstatic. As mentioned, he was a hold back for coloration, so he should continue to look pretty good through adulthood.

The Complete Boa Constrictor is a great book. I saw it for $60 when it went out of print, but paid $100 shipped for it 2 weeks ago. I think prices keep going up. I actually talked to Vin Russo, the author, and he said it will probably only come back into print if he does a major update. It wasn't clear if there were plans for that.

Great book for breeding and for info on virtually every species out there.

I cannot give the book credit for finding Feliz. My buddy and fellow BP.net member, Phillydubs, had done a lot of research on Dwarf Boas and sent me Tommy and TC Reptile's info. Tommy brought up the Venezuelan True Red Tail BCC's to me and said he had two on holdback but was willing to sell one. He recommended Feliz and the Line/Locale to me when I said I wanted puppy dog tame and a personality similar to Behira, my BCI. He said this was the snake for me. When I saw how beautiful Feliz was and how rare, I couldn't resist. The book did back up what Tommy said about being hardy, thicker bodied, etc. Vin specifically mentions that like BCI's, these BCC's tend not to have regurgitation issues like many locale BCC's can. Tommy said humidity is also less of an issue for them. They are not as sensitive to having issues if humidity is a little low for a bit (if I am away for a few days in the winter and cannot spray to get it over 50-55% in tank). He said they shed great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Feliz looks GREAT Dave! Nice unboxing video too sir. Looking forward to lots of pictures of this guy.
    Thank you EL-Ziggy. As stated earlier, pictures and descriptions do not do him justice.

Cool customer and handsome guy. What more could I want?

Thank you on the unboxing video. It was my first one. Glad it came out okay! Thank you for watching!

Dude, seriously? You need to encourage me to post pictures of him? Have you seen any of my other threads?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

caravaggiooo (11-06-2018)