Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

1 members and 3,102 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Fancy Ball Python

Hey I am new here my name is Jessay. I have a fancy ball python named Syria she is 3 1/2 years old now and a little over 3 feet I am not sure how to post pictures on one of these but when I got her a couple years ago I noticed that she has random scales that are shaped like white diamonds going in a line down her back it's just one scale that is white then every few inches there is another one. The bigger she grows the more she seems to get some are now becoming double diamonds 2 scales that are next to each other that are white.

Anyways I am curious about these they look really cool when I tried to look up fancy ball pythons all that came up was morphs so I wasn't sure if maybe that is what she is a morph of some type. She has only bit me once a year and a half ago but other than that she's very calm I never have a problem feeding her she's not picky on whether it is live or dead as long as she gets to eat. Even while shedding which I do watch over her more carefully when her eyes are milky and she can't see.

But the main thing I am curious about is the white diamond shaped scales going down her back is this normal? or is she a type of morph? if so what do you think she might be a morph from? I am very curious to learn more about her she is my first snake I've ever owned and I do everything in my power to read up on anything I can to make sure she is cared for properly though I've had her since 2016 I am better at it now I know exactly what I am suppose to be doing and what not to do.

Hopefully someone can help me with this I will see if I can post the pictures up in my gallery and then you can go take a look at them yourself see what you think since I am unsure how to post them here.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Fancy Ball Python

Simplest way I've found is to download the free App called TapaTalk. It has a free one click photo upload option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Simplest way I've found is to download the free App called TapaTalk. It has a free one click photo upload option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agreed

Thanks

Thank you I installed it to try it out
    I love my danger noodle

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

I saw your pics of your Enchi ball python in your gallery.

My original Enchi breeder had the same whited out scaled on his body when I bought him, except they were near the tail.
    (I'm too lazy at the moment to find the pictures). I asked the breeder what those white scales were and he said that they were a little paradox coloring which might be related to possibly being Het for Albino.

I did proof breed my Enchi to an Albino and he was not Het.

Edit: I like your avatar pic
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 11-02-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    *.* TNTC

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (11-02-2018)

Thanks

Wink Re: Fancy Ball Python

That is awesome and I do love how the bigger she grows the more she seems to get some of them are doubling up now in splotches when I got her she only had about 3 of them and after a couple of sheddings she seemed to get more so I am very curious as to how she will look when she is full grown and also how big she will get as well. That would honestly be awesome if she turned out to be het though.

And thank you about the avatar pic lol
    I love my danger noodle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    I saw your pics of your Enchi ball python in your gallery.

My original Enchi breeder had the same whited out scaled on his body when I bought him, except they were near the tail.
    (I'm too lazy at the moment to find the pictures). I asked the breeder what those white scales were and he said that they were a little paradox coloring which might be related to possibly being Het for Albino.

I did proof breed my Enchi to an Albino and he was not Het.

Edit: I like your avatar pic

I added a couple newer pictures with me and her lol she has gotten much bigger since the older pictures
    I love my danger noodle