Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,655

3 members and 2,652 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Yafe - Albino Carpet - FINAL - Progression Thread

Yafe is doing really well; much better.

I hope everyone understands that I couldn't move him sooner (vet said no infection for 4 weeks post antibiotics to ensure he wasn't contagious) and that I wasn't neglecting him, and did the best I could to keep humidity up in his quarantine tank, but the new tank is making a big difference.

He sounds 80% better already - after 4 days in the new tank. The temps are the same as the old 10 gallon, but, obvisouly, there is much more of a gradient for him. Additionally, humidity averages about 55%, even in the dry winter here in CT and with the heat running, and I mist once a day to keep it over 60% for a good portion of the day. The consistent humidity is helping him tremendously, I believe anyway. A few pops today, a couple small "puffs," but no major wheezing or frequent puffs.

It occurred to me that even if he has permanent scarring in his lung, etc. As he grows, the scarring will stay the same size, but his lung, etc. will become larger, making it (the scarring) less significant, and allowing him to become more comfortable with time. He's all of 130G or so now. He will be 10X+ that size when full grown.

He also may just need more time at proper and consistent humidity levels and temp levels. That's my hope anyway.

I had him out for all of 3 minutes today and he was calm as can be and seemed comfortable. However, I did not push it. I did talk to the breeder, who made a good point about the squeezing and uncomfortableness, etc. He said that part of that could be increased stress as he is not used to being handled much. He wasn't handled much at the breeder and hasn't been much here with me and Katie. Not sure how to balance that with giving him time and low stress to heal, but I plan to lean more on the letting him heal and keeping stress levels low (i.e. not much handling) for a while.

Here's a video from today of me taking him out of his new digs for the first time: https://streamable.com/ti5ak

Here's happy tongue flicks! https://streamable.com/8x2yq

Pictures of him from today and enjoying the new digs:

[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-04-2019),Dianne (01-04-2019),MR Snakes (01-04-2019),pretends2bnormal (01-04-2019),richardhind1972 (01-04-2019),zina10 (01-04-2019)