Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,410

2 members and 3,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Tank requirment questions

Okau thanks i think its as cool as itnis because the underneath of substrate never dried that well sonim going to move ot arpund and dry it out more and see of that helps

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Keep in mind, you can always buy a tub right now.. and keep the tank for later when he has put on some size.. When I first got my little guy I had him in one of those shoebox size tubs and I have just recently upgraded him. I recently went to the post office and grabbed a couple of their small mailers for hides, Damian seems to enjoy them.. Also if you insulate three sides (if you have not done so yet) with foam board or something similar it will help to trap the heat and provide more security for him.
    Last edited by Jmarshall; 10-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    1.0 Orange Dream x Lemonback x Super Enchi -Damian

Wishlist
    0.1 Corn Island Boa

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jmarshall For This Useful Post:

Dylan_ (10-15-2018)

Thanks

Trying to dry out most of substrate to see if thst helps more since the bottom of most ofnit is still a little damp especially on cool side and it being a little damp will defenitely lower temps

Thanks

How would i cover it with paper like what would i use to get the paper to stick for say because you cant use anything sticky in the enclosure would wedding the paper or news paper and attatching it to the hide and waiting to dry work or what would u recommend doing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_ View Post
    How would i cover it with paper like what would i use to get the paper to stick for say because you cant use anything sticky in the enclosure would wedding the paper or news paper and attatching it to the hide and waiting to dry work or what would u recommend doing?

Wetting*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

If you were to black out the hides, maybe some non toxic glue? (Ive heard of people using hot glue in their enclosures) Honestly tho, I think it would be easier to find empty boxes laying around that would work better.. Sometimes Ill check the pantry for stuff.. Or you could swing by the store, buy a couple boxes of pasta.. cook them (or put them in a ziplock bag) and use them.. or you can snatch a box from work.. I took a couple that had pens in them and just put a rubber band on the pens.. Honestly any smaller box will do.
    1.0 Orange Dream x Lemonback x Super Enchi -Damian

Wishlist
    0.1 Corn Island Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I use a lot of plant aucers for hides for youngsters - just cut a hole from the rim to the base to allow access - dark, low, tight. Exactly what a bp baby wants.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plant-Sau...vcrS:rk:4:pf:0

similar to this - just get the deper ones for bigger babies.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

So im still a little confused kn ambient tempatures can you read these with temp gun or digital thermometor if sonhow do you do it exactly if not how do you do it? Also this is the temp gun i have https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0574632p.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_ View Post
    So im still a little confused kn ambient tempatures can you read these with temp gun or digital thermometor if sonhow do you do it exactly if not how do you do it? Also this is the temp gun i have https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0574632p.html

So im still a little confused on ambient tempatures can you read these with temp gun or a digital thermometer? if so how do you do it exactly if not how would you go about checking ambient tempatures? also this is the temp gun i have
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0574632p.html

Sorry i messed up big on first try the phone tempered glass messes up my typing alot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345