Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

0 members and 3,337 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts
    Here's hoping you & Yafe are nearing the END of this ordeal!

Don't you just love it when the symptoms that you panicked over all but disappear when you get to the doctor's office? (happens with people too, lol)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-05-2018),zina10 (11-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    So glad he is better and the Vet is happy with his progress !!

What a big relief

Remember, stress is poison to the immune system. Not just for reptiles, but also for humans. You need to take care of yourself, too !!!! You have a beautiful fiance that needs you, and all your furry and scaly animals.

So do not forget to look after yourselves, too. Both You and Katie.

Have a nice sit down and relax. No matter what may or may not happen, there will always be ups and downs, but for now, focus on all the positive Yafe on the upswing and a beautiful little Boa on the way. And your soulmate on this journey right next to you. Life is good
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-05-2018),dakski (11-05-2018),Dianne (11-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Yafe - Albino Carpet Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    So glad he is better and the Vet is happy with his progress !!

What a big relief

Remember, stress is poison to the immune system. Not just for reptiles, but also for humans. You need to take care of yourself, too !!!! You have a beautiful fiance that needs you, and all your furry and scaly animals.

So do not forget to look after yourselves, too. Both You and Katie.

Have a nice sit down and relax. No matter what may or may not happen, there will always be ups and downs, but for now, focus on all the positive Yafe on the upswing and a beautiful little Boa on the way. And your soulmate on this journey right next to you. Life is good
    Awwwww! Thank you so much Zina10!

So well said!

I need to get up early for a special delivery. I am headed to bed momentarily. It's been a long day, long weekend, and long week ahead.

Thank you again for the kind words.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-05-2018)

Thanks

Yafe got his third nebulizer treatment of Baytril today.

When he finished, he seemed fine, but was wheezing a little. He hasn't wheezed in probably ten days or more. What was interesting was that he did not seem uncomfortable. He was acting normal otherwise and flicking his tongue, etc. Tonight, he's had his head up against the corner of the tank, elevated about 10 inches.

I have a theory. In addition to the Baytril, it is mixed with sterile water (1ml/5ml Baytril/Sterile water) in the nebulizer. In addition to a 20-30 minute treatment of Baytril, he's also breathing in 100% humidity air. It almost sounded to me, and judging by his lack of discomfort at the time, that things were really starting to break up. I am hopeful that a) the high humidity is doing him some good (I am keeping the tank 55-65% or so as well) and helping clean out the gunk, and b) this will help and means the Baytril is penetrating. 18 more days of nebulizer, so I am hoping I am correct and on to something and this is a good sign. However, if it's not, there is still plenty of time for him to improve.

Yafe with his head up against the tank corner. He bent his neck a little before I took the picture. I am hoping that's a good sign too.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by dakski; 11-07-2018 at 08:33 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-07-2018),Dianne (11-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts
    Dave, I agree with you. A while back someone asked if a snake with an RI should have higher humidity or lower, & my thought was "lower" but a few others
    chimed in & said "higher". Yes, you want the "gunk" to break up, but I live where it's humid and it's NOTICEABLY harder to breathe when the humidity is
    100% for anyone or any thing* with issues; *in this case, my elderly dog gets out of breath when going for a walk, which doesn't happen with lower humidity.

So I think what you're seeing is "normal" under the circumstances, and by now this probably does feel "normal" to him too...let's hope you don't have to re-name
    him "Wheezie" and that someday soon he finds out what normal really is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Dave, I agree with you. A while back someone asked if a snake with an RI should have higher humidity or lower, & my thought was "lower" but a few others
    chimed in & said "higher". Yes, you want the "gunk" to break up, but I live where it's humid and it's NOTICEABLY harder to breathe when the humidity is
    100% for anyone or any thing* with issues; *in this case, my elderly dog gets out of breath when going for a walk, which doesn't happen with lower humidity.

So I think what you're seeing is "normal" under the circumstances, and by now this probably does feel "normal" to him too...let's hope you don't have to re-name
    him "Wheezie" and that someday soon he finds out what normal really is.
    Thank you, Bogertophis, for the quick, thorough, and reassuring, response.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Fingers still crossed for Yafe!
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-07-2018)

Thanks

I started Yafe’s nebulizer treatments with Baytril on Monday. Monday, I tried covering up his tank and using that, but it didn’t fog up as much as I would have liked. So Tuesday, I turned a new/clean Home Depot orange bucket into a nebulizer chamber. It works great. I put the nebulizer nozzle in and suction cupped (the vet gave me a plastic suction cup nozzle holder) it to the side of the bucket. I use the lid on top, but it’s not air tight as the nebulizer tube has to get in. However, it’s pretty tight and keeps 99% of the mist in. Yafe, every time, has climbed up on the nozzle holder and wrapped around it during his treatment. No big deal. He’s still breathing in the medicine and the humid air.

I posted yesterday that he wheezed and popped after his treatment and I was hopeful that was because the gunk/mucus was breaking up and the Baytril was able to penetrate. Today, he sounded much better than he has in a while. A few pops still, but barely audible, and we are on day 4 of 21 of treatment. After the treatment, similar to yesterday, some wheezes, and quite a bit of popping, but he seems less bothered by that than he has in the past.

I am in no way selling the farm here. I've seen him get better and then regress, and I have yet to see him 100%. However, I am much more optimistic now and wanted to share that.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-08-2018),Dianne (11-09-2018),richardhind1972 (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Good idea on the bucket!
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-08-2018)

Thanks

Today Yafe was still popping and it was not noticeably better than yesterday. However, he seems like he is feeling more comfortable. I don't have any crazy evidence to support this, but it's more of a gut feeling. When I take him out for the nebulizer treatment, he is active but calm, and making more deliberate and gentle movements. In the past, when moving, he often seemed uncomfortable and would make quicker and more dramatic movements. He would also hold me/my arm/hand really tight from time to time. Now he seems to hold me much more relaxed, more like what I am used to from my other snakes, all constrictors.

After nebulizer treatment, there was one slight wheeze, and a lot of popping, but even that seemed better today. Maybe there is less gunk to break up now?

Either way, treatment 5 of 21, so not jumping to any conclusions and still concerned. However, I am latching onto any glimmer of hope at this point. I am trying to stay optimistic.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-09-2018),EL-Ziggy (11-09-2018),richardhind1972 (11-09-2018)

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast