Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

0 members and 3,329 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Bamboo 1.0 bathtime!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Co-dom
    ooooo ... ok, what was his parents?

I am still figuring out all this Co, Dom, Recessive, allelic, his offspring,when you mate him, he will "recreate himself" is that only withanother Bamboo, or is that only with recessive morphs?

I guess sense you said your looking to get 15-20 Bamboo from him i was justcurious as to who you would mate him to in order to get more Bamboo? will therebe Hets? - i guess im curious cause i don’t see het bamboo anywhere lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    ooooo ... ok, what was his parents?

I am still figuring out all this Co, Dom, Recessive, allelic, his offspring,when you mate him, he will "recreate himself" is that only withanother Bamboo, or is that only with recessive morphs?

I guess sense you said your looking to get 15-20 Bamboo from him i was justcurious as to who you would mate him to in order to get more Bamboo? will therebe Hets? - i guess im curious cause i don’t see het bamboo anywhere lol.
    Try this on for size to help you.

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/ind...dominant-genes

Co-Dominant or “CoDom” is the slang used in the world of reptile keepers for the correct genetic term Incomplete Dominance. This describes a “visual” heterozygous animal that is different looking from the “Normal” phenotype. In other words, the “het” looks different than a Normal, in contrast to Recessive morphs, where the “hets” do look Normal. A Pastel Jungle does NOT look like a Normal Ball Python, although it is only carrying one copy of the Pastel gene.
    In a way, a Pastel Jungle can be thought of as “visual het” for Super Pastel. The heterozygous Incomplete Dominant animal can be thought of as half expressing the gene. In the snake world, the complete - homozygous - expression of an Incomplete Dominant gene is known as a “Super.” Put another way, the hets the look different from a Normal, but when bred back to another het and “doubled up,” they can produces an even more extreme version of themselves which we call the “Super form.” The visual effect that the gene has on the snake may be pattern, color or both.
    In theory, when an Incomplete Dominant animal is bred to a Normal, the resulting clutch should consist of 50% snakes with the visual phenotype (Incomplete Dominant gene carriers) and 50% non-gene carrying, Normal snakes. (This is only statistics; sometimes, your luck is lousy and you can get all Normals!) If the gene is bred back to itself and fails to yield a more extreme version of itself, it is known as Dominant.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 09-27-2018 at 01:12 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Try this on for size to help you.

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/ind...dominant-genes

Co-Dominant or “CoDom” is the slang used in the world of reptile keepers for the correct genetic term Incomplete Dominance. This describes a “visual” heterozygous animal that is different looking from the “Normal” phenotype. In other words, the “het” looks different than a Normal, in contrast to Recessive morphs, where the “hets” do look Normal. A Pastel Jungle does NOT look like a Normal Ball Python, although it is only carrying one copy of the Pastel gene.
    In a way, a Pastel Jungle can be thought of as “visual het” for Super Pastel. The heterozygous Incomplete Dominant animal can be thought of as half expressing the gene. In the snake world, the complete - homozygous - expression of an Incomplete Dominant gene is known as a “Super.” Put another way, the hets the look different from a Normal, but when bred back to another het and “doubled up,” they can produces an even more extreme version of themselves which we call the “Super form.” The visual effect that the gene has on the snake may be pattern, color or both.
    In theory, when an Incomplete Dominant animal is bred to a Normal, the resulting clutch should consist of 50% snakes with the visual phenotype (Incomplete Dominant gene carriers) and 50% non-gene carrying, Normal snakes. (This is only statistics; sometimes, your luck is lousy and you can get all Normals!) If the gene is bred back to itself and fails to yield a more extreme version of itself, it is known as Dominant.
    Awesome read.. and thanks for the link... lol...

I do appreciate the insight. I was slightly familiar with some material… About 10% lol… I guess the “what” these animals can do, is still to be determined as I am learning... someone has a world's first every week in IG and I am just like “sacless” blew my mind, now “micro scale” (NERD)?
    Ugh what’s next...this is what is so interesting about the hobby and what I love most... I know this takes some trial and error, along with patients and a lot of time to burn as well as money. In the end when you've, proved out, or produce your dream animal, or even a world's first, it will be worth it.

I am looking at squaring away my projects now so I can have an idea of what I am to be looking forward to. I just love to read about genes and what people are trying to mix up in their labs...what they produce… when my collection grows I’m going to b on here every day with a update or a question...

I’m just glade you’ll like to pass along your valued knowledge and for this I (WE) thank you

Thanks
    Very handsome bamboo, looks like his enjoying a nice bath but than again who doesn't.
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-27-2018),Ronniex2 (10-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i love Bamboo. it looks like the end goal of a couple different morphs/genes and they just have that Ghost/Hypo glow to them.

congrats! that's one good lookin' boy!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-27-2018),Ronniex2 (10-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i love Bamboo. it looks like the end goal of a couple different morphs/genes and they just have that Ghost/Hypo glow to them.

congrats! that's one good lookin' boy!
    Thanks, my thoughts exactly. He looks like the end goal, without any need to mix in more genes! Just

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (10-01-2018)

Thanks

That's awesome. I'd like to see a bamboo GHI leopard. What are your plans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1.0 banana bee
    0.1 butter pastel
    0.1 pastel
    0.1 mojave het clown
    1.2 DH albino pied
    0.1 OD YB pastel
    1.0 nuclear (butter,fire)
    0.1 lavender albino het pied
    1.1 enchi clown / clown
    0.1 superfly sugar
    1.0 freeway

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Knowell For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (10-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Bamboo 1.0 bathtime!

Quote Originally Posted by Knowell View Post
    That's awesome. I'd like to see a bamboo GHI leopard. What are your plans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I’m going for 1)single gene bamboo, and super bamboo 2)bamboo cinnamon, 3)bamboo leopard and 4)bamboo pastel leopard... currently. No ghi in my collection atm
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-02-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    I didn't realize had the high white on the sides like that. Almost spider-esque.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12