Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

5 members and 3,379 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Please help lost bp???

my boy has been working toward shed for the last few dyas and i hadnt checked on him but I decided to peek today and he was GONE. last night in bed we heard a 'thump' but assumed it was nothing but now I know it was him escaping? ? I'm tearing apart everything please tips and tricks or anything that could help???

Thanks

Re: Please help lost bp???

Quote Originally Posted by sufficio View Post
    my boy has been working toward shed for the last few dyas and i hadnt checked on him but I decided to peek today and he was GONE. last night in bed we heard a 'thump' but assumed it was nothing but now I know it was him escaping? ? I'm tearing apart everything please tips and tricks or anything that could help???
    Legit, behind ur oven, refrig, dryer (if they’re close) typically they won’t go very far! If you doubt that they can fit there CHECK AGAIN! they can fit in the smallest of places. Triple check everything probably within a 10ft radius and surrounding rooms. I’ve never had an escapee...this is just from past accounts ive heard. Just think dark small spaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Thanks
    so to set up our room is like this.

against the wall is the snake tub on a small table. along that wall is a baseboard heater(off) and beside the table are our 2 computers (checked behind and around them). across the room is the bed, I pulled it back and checked along the wall but nothing. across the room is the entry way to the kitchen...unsure if he would go there as it's much colder. then the bathroom is attached. the door to upstairs has a VERY small gap against tile so i doubt he would fit.

the places i could see him go. under the table he is on...checked. the baseboard heater, checked. the bed, checked. under desks. checked. inside desks. checked. currently am heating a rat in the room in hopes that it brings him out. he is a ravenous eater and it is feeding time. please give me your well wishes. I cannot lose this snake.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts
    Oh no, so sorry to hear, nothing more frustrating than playing "hide & seek" with a snake! Don't give up, keep looking! Most BPs don't go very far from
    their cage...and they want to hide, some place snug, & hopefully warm. Snakes go into upholstered couches & chairs, or under mattresses/beds...they go
    into the bottom & back of stoves, refrigerators (for pilot light or motor warmth) & washers/dryers/dishwashers...they go into closets, piles of laundry...just
    anything. Did he shed first or is he traveling in blue? Maybe you'll hear him shedding or he'll leave you a clue where he went? Sorry, I wish there was one
    easy way to find a loose snake, but they excel at hiding!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Thanks
    Remember that a snake looking up from the floor sees the room differently than we do: from the floor, is there any holes in the fabric under beds or couches?
    They'd love to go inside there... they also find crawl-spaces under kitchen cupboards, into walls if there is a hole for plumbing, etc. Good luck! I hope he wants
    & comes "running" for the rat smell...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Thanks

could a bp fit through this small of a gap??? I can barely fit my fingers in, and a pencil for scale. he is a big boy. have not weighed him but you can see photos in my gallery.

Thanks
    Can't tell if he'd fit..."maybe"? They do squish themselves thru openings when they want to...where does that go?

BTW, you might be able to rent a fiber optic mini-camera (to fit into such places before ripping out a wall) used by plumbers etc.

Got any bookshelves? they'll get into those, behind the books even...and drawers in desks or dressers...can usually enter from
    underneath in the back, where there are gaps in the backing or from the floor.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-21-2018 at 11:32 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Thanks
    thank you for the responses, sorry I'm quite panicked! he was in a few days before blue. I thought the same that he wouldn't wander far- but the only warmth near his tub is his bulb + uth, otherwise the nearest warmth would be the fridge way far in the kitchen. also, we would have been sleeping ~5 feet from his tub, I wonder if he would have gone toward us? but no snake in the bed from what I checked. Gosh I just fear so bad moving something and squashing him. I';ve had nightmares like that. please come out you little jerk!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

that doorway leads to our mess of a closet...stacked to the ceiling with junk. I really hope he didn't go in there. but I did pull out a bunch and check the floor and saw nothing

Thanks

Re: Please help lost bp???

Quote Originally Posted by sufficio View Post
    ...that doorway leads to our mess of a closet...stacked to the ceiling with junk. I really hope he didn't go in there. but I did pull out a bunch
    and check the floor and saw nothing
    Probably time to clean the closet all the way (carefully of course)...that sounds like a snake-haven, lol...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    Mine escaped and I freaked out. She went really far too. Under her tank actually. I thought she was done in by my cats or had gotten some where I would never find her. She just went to the heat. Security and warmth.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

sufficio (09-22-2018)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast