Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,204

3 members and 3,201 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Looking and buzzing in.......

Loooooove my BP and decided to poke my head out of my hide and into THIS forum.....beecaaaaause......the local breeder (yeeessssssss!...only 30 min away) has some GTP & Columbians avail. I've wanted to get an albino burm, but I KNOW I'm not ready for that critter yet....What I've read is that Columbians get to be about 8-10' on ave. What about GTP??? How big/heavy would s/he get? I'm not really fond of the Columbian's color & if I had to choose I'd take the green. But that might be the next best thing to the albino I want....since I can't afford an albino ball. Waaaaaaaah!

I saw the caresheet. Seems to be pretty python standard like my ball's. Anything SPECIAL that needs to be done? How big of a tank for the adult????

TIA!!!

R.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Re: Looking and buzzing in.......

gtp's get around 4-6 ft. on average. they need an arboreal setup, i keep mine in a vision 222 which is 28x24x24, temps 86 hot/81-82 cool. chondros like more moisture so i mist his cage twice daily. alot of chondros can be nippy, they don't tolerate handling well on average and they have fangs. i feed my male once every 2 weeks.

vaughn

Thanks

I would recommend going with an RTB. It may seem as if they get pretty big, but if you get one from a baby, you'll be able to grow with it and tell it's moods. RTB's are such a great snakes... I had two BPs for a few months and adopted an RTB with some spinal deformities... she's about 5.5 feet long and is a total sweet heart. And their husbandy isn't much different from a BP, it's just on a larger scale.

Thanks

I'm not really fond of the color of the RTB....or rather, I haven't found one that I'd love to have...you know...the special one that you JUST FALL IN LOVE WITH.

But thanks for all the info!! I appreciate all the comments and heartfelts. It will be a little while yet before I invest in a boa, but that was my wish...then I fell in love with my little girl, Baby.

I'll just keep hitting breeders' sites in order to get an idea of which particular herp I'd want to buy.

Thanks!!!
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

If you don't really like columbian boas.. consider argentine. Beautiful, unique, and inexpensive.

http://www.proexotics.com/pics_july1...-24-02%201.jpg

www.riobravoreptiles.com/ boas_argentine.htm

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Thx for the links, Shelby. I'll add them to my stopping spots....< Say that 10x really fast! > & do a little more searching/looking. But Rio B does have some good pics for ideas of what I want to look for in my boa.

Thx again.

R.
    Sweety314