Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 625

0 members and 625 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Question What if I move? (Shipping in Europe)

Hi! I have a very important question that needs answering!
    I know this is a mainly U.S. forum but I want to ask anyway in case anyone can help me

I live abroad (I’m a student) and, while I’ll still be in Germany for at least 4 more years, it’s very possible that at some point I’ll move again and go live somewhere else.
    If I own a Ball Python and a car trip were not an option (maybe it’s too far away or I can’t get there by car) how could I travel with my snake/send them to me safely?

Some options I’ve heard were:

1) “Talk to a breeder close to you who is used to shipping animals, you can probably arrange for them to ship your snake to you”
    Anyone knows of any breeders in Germany who’d do that? Preferably close to Sachsen area (Leipzig-Halle-Dresden-Berlin...). I still don’t know any... D:

2) Everyone in the US uses some service like ShipYourReptiles or FedEx and such... any equivalents in Europe?

I’m thinking it’d probably be a place within Europe, but I’d love to have as much info as possible to be prepared!

I don’t own any reptiles yet precisely because I want to get questions like this sorted out before getting a ball python (so no rush and nobody is in danger yet haha) But I’d really like to have some answers ASAP ˆˆ
    Thanks for the insight!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: What if I move? (Shipping in Europe)

Hi,

I'm in Scotland (U.K.) there are reptile couriers that comply with the european rules and as long as you are moving within europe there should be no cites permits required. But you will need to make yourself familiar with the rules within the country/ area you move to as there was a bill passed to protect local species which prohibited some species in climates they could survive in. There are quite a few reptile breeders in Germany who could answer your queries though.

And off course there is always the Hamm show to peruse the pretty snakes available.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-27-2018)