Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

0 members and 3,301 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Question Potential new caging

So I am thinking about getting some animal plastic enclosures(Possibly for breeding undecided as of yet)

So for the next year or so I am going to think on breeding my snake(hobby not profit) so here I am with research(and saving money).

I think I have decided on animal plastics but I would like to start with The terrestrial cages stacked and a tub rack system but what sizes? Do I need ever size or is size not too much of an issue as long as I provide proper hides(this is my experience with my juvenile in a 45 gallon tank)

I am no where near totally decided I am using a 1 year period to decide if A. I truly want to breed and B. If I am ready to invest this much into this hobby. But opinions are welcome!eee

Thanks
    I'm not sure of the "proper" answer to this, but I plan to have a Juvenile Rack (If I plan to breed 3 moms, i'm assuming 10 eggs per mom, so I would get a 30 tub Juvenile) (which is way over kill as first time mothers will probably give me 4-6 good eggs). If you plan on selling the snakes immediately after their first few meals you can probably stop at a Juvenile Rack. If you plan to hold any back, You would want a Sub Adult rack too.
    1.1 Ivory Burmese Pythons 0.1 Albino Granite Burmese Python
    1.0 Orange Glow Retic 0.1 White Albino Retic 0.1 Purple Tiger Retic
    1.0 Anaconda Hognose 1.0 Hognose DBL Het Snow
    0.0.1 Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Albino Blitz BP
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied BP
    1.0 Pastel Leopard BP
    0.1 Pastel Vanilla BP
    0.1 Super Phantom BP
    0.1 Spinner Enchi BP
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jnksnakes For This Useful Post:

VereMyth (10-25-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Re: Potential new caging

I just received two Reptile Basics cages (2’x3’x12”) and am very pleased - ordered late evening on 9/10/18 and received cages on 9/21/18. These were a trial run I purchased for my corns due to cage shuffling as a result of my new bp purchases this year. I house my current bp’s in 32”x30”x12” cages, even the hatchlings I bought this year. The biggest thing I do with hatchlings or young snakes is to give them plenty of appropriately sized places to hide. So if you are planning on cages for your pets/breeders, I’d go with cages over racks. That said, I’ve never used racks...I’m sure there are lots of folks here that can give you input on those.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

VereMyth (10-25-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Potential new caging

Cant give any advice on breeding. Ive seem so many people end up not finding homes for the snakes that Ill never breed. My freind had over 100 eggs this past June.. he is known, advertises, does shows.. and has at least 80 left...
    as far as enclosures go, Ive had all AP until a couple weeks ago. I bought a Used Boaphile as a Temp enclosure for a addition.. well I’ll never buy another. I paid a decent penny and now I wont be able to sell it. I brought it down to the grown quickly as it was slipping from about 2’ in the air and it cracked the top where the Pins go and where the Light Cord comes in all the way to the Door. I know a lot of people like them but Im not one. All my AP’s have flex. This enclosure is Brittle.. very upset..
    I say your on the right track with AP all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

VereMyth (10-25-2018)