Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,432

2 members and 3,430 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Cheap frozen pizza.....

I feel like we've all been there, you have very little in your fridge or freezer but that frozen pizza seems convenient. For me its usually a brand called "Orvs"....dirt cheap at $2 a pie, enough cheese to satisy even the most lactose intolerant, and pepperoni that makes hormel look like gourmet selection.

So you decide to jazz up the pizza....extra cheese, bacon, more veggie toppings, seasonings, hot sauce.....

Tonight I went with extra mozz, italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. I must say....it still tastes like crap....but it's way better than it was originally.

Soooooo. How to you jazz up your frozen pizza?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts
    I don't. Why would you buy & consume a frozen pizza when it's SO easy to make something better & at warp speed in a toaster oven?

Here's my favorite version:

crust: buy traditional Indian flatbread called "Naan" from most markets including Walmart. (my freezer is never without- they come in a pack of 2, each the
    perfect personal pizza size, and they freeze & keep very well) Thaw the naan before adding pizza toppings...you can thaw in microwave if in a hurry.

Sauce: buy jars of your favorite brand of pizza sauce & keep some on hand. Spread some sauce on the thawed naan.

Toppings, your call: I love Hormel turkey pepperoni (lower fat & tastes great, also keeps in freezer). Shredded mozzarella cheese.
    And my most "exotic" topping- lemon-garlic jackfruit -if you like marinated artichokes, also good on pizza, you'll like this Jackfruit Company product-
    it's actually good over pasta too, or in salads. It's tangy with a meaty-texture- https://thejackfruitcompany.com/prod...lic-jackfruit/
    (this is ready to eat, keep package in refrigerator...I'm never without this either, since trying it recently)

Bake at 350* in toaster oven until cheese on top melts & gets slightly-golden.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 08-18-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks

Re: Cheap frozen pizza.....

I usually grind up rock salt and black pepper into a fine dust, toast that on a pan (beware of spontaneus sneezing while doing this ), then sprinkle that on the crust (not the pizza toppings). After that, I find whatever's in my fridge that'll go along well with pizza (lettuce, parsley flakes, dried chili powder, sausages, smoked beef, etc.) and heat that up, then put it on my pizza with tomato sauce and chili sauce. I usually also have some parmesan, so I would usually melt that and pour it on top

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk