Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

2 members and 3,166 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Thoughts on this idea , please !!

I grew up on the edge of the countryside and when I wasn't playing footie on the streets and local pitch I used to take our Red Setter over the fields around the lodges and streams .... back in the day 50 years ago the steams were full of minnows , stone loaches , bullheads and sticklebacks plus the streams coming from the private trout fishing lodges had loads of trout in them .

Moving forwards to today and the lodges have all been bought by landowners and fenced off from the public BUT the streams are all still mainly accessible .

There lies the problem - there's no sign of life at all , barely and stickleback to be seen.

About 30 years ago there were a couple of 'spillages' which seemed to kill most of the fish surrounding streams and lodges but I'd have guessed that by now things would have cleared up.

Now .... There's a local lodge on the other side of town that is positively teaming with baby fish and thousands of Sticklebacks so what's the general consensus in here on me transferring some fish back to " my " old streams ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-28-2018),richardhind1972 (07-28-2018)