Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,057

0 members and 3,057 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Dumb noob question - how many rounds do we have? Do we draft 1 player for each position during the first round?

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Fantasy Football anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Dumb noob question - how many rounds do we have? Do we draft 1 player for each position during the first round?
    i counted 9 seats on the bench for each team, so 9 rounds? and yas, 1 player of whatever position u wanna draft per round. draft picks will be determined day of by the computer and i think Craig set it up as a Snake Draft so it goes like this Round #1: Team A, Team B, Team C... Round 2: Team C, Team B, Team A... Round 3" Team A, Team B, Team C and it repeats in that style.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (09-04-2018),tttaylorrr (09-04-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    oh scouts already got u figured out. bottom of the standings before kickoff!

Hahahahaha!!!

You're wrong though, my friend! Save the best for last!!!

Thanks
    And I saw mention of vetos. In what situation would we veto somebody else's pick?

Lizards:

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-04-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Ok, so the draft will go as follows:

Teams will be selected randomly by the computer to determine a draft order. 1 picks first, 2 second and so on for the first round. In the second round the order is reversed, so 10 would pick first, 9 second and so on. Then it just goes back and forth alternating directions.

Each week you will submit a starting lineup consisting of :

1- QB
    2- RBs
    2- WRs
    1- TE
    1- FLEX (can be a RB, WE or TE, your choice)
    1- K
    1- Defense/Special Teams (So a team, not a player. i.e. Dallas, Denver, Philly, etc...)

Then you have 6 BENCH spots you can fill however you'd like. So, maybe a backup at each position and then a few others. However you like. Take only 1 Kicker though, and lots of people only take 1 D/ST. But that's up to you and your strategy.

So with 9 starters and 6 BENCH spots the draft will be 15 rounds.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-04-2018)

Thanks

And I saw mention of vetos. In what situation would we veto somebody else's pick?
    veto's are for trades (not drafts). i think there's a 2 day window for the rest of the league to approve/ignore or veto a trade. for example, let's say i draft Gorappolo b/c but TTT convinces me to trade him to her b/c that's her boy. and b/c u have a better trade offer for me (or to be funny), u decide to veto it. not sure for many veto's kill a trade tho for what we have set up.

you're asking too many questions. i'm starting to think u are a pro and a hustler pretending to be a n00b. i got an eye on u!

(j/k keep the questions coming.)
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-04-2018),tttaylorrr (09-04-2018)

Thanks

veto's are for trades (not drafts). i think there's a 2 day window for the rest of the league to approve/ignore or veto a trade. for example, let's say i draft Gorappolo b/c but TTT convinces me to trade him to her b/c that's her boy. and b/c u have a better trade offer for me (or to be funny), u decide to veto it. not sure for many veto's kill a trade tho for what we have set up.

you're asking too many questions. i'm starting to think u are a pro and a hustler pretending to be a n00b. i got an eye on u!

Who, me?

I wish I was that smooth. I am very truly and in a most honest way - completely stupid at this.

So do we then gather once a week to redraft? Does Craig have to coordinate everyone's crazy schedules from here on, or are we on our own after this? And yes, I google-fu but um, it's broken right now.

Lizards:

Tarantulas:

Inverts:

Dog & Cats:

Goats:

Thanks

Who, me?

I wish I was that smooth. I am very truly and in a most honest way - completely stupid at this.

So do we then gather once a week to redraft? Does Craig have to coordinate everyone's crazy schedules from here on, or are we on our own after this? And yes, I google-fu but um, it's broken right now.
    nah, u trade as needed on a weekly basis. (we don't re-draft.) not everyone trades. you just send an offer over to the team when u feel the need (or someone sends u one).

(Edit: still got my eye on u!)
    Last edited by Ax01; 09-04-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Banned
    Thanks

Trade vetoes are also in place to prevent two teams trading together to build one great team unfairly. So one team could trade their good players to another for crappy players just to stack one team.
    It keeps integrity intact.

Who, me?

There is only one draft. Then each week you set a new starting lineup with the players you drafted. You make adjustments for bye weeks, injuries, matchups, etc...

You can also "add/drop" which means you can pick up "free agents" (players who aren't currently on another league players fantasy team) from waivers. But, in order to pick somebody up, you have to drop a player from your team. At that point, anybody else can pick that player up for their team. So add/drop wisely.

There are also trades between other fantasy players in your league.

So say I had two QBs who both get injured...I don't like the available free agents, so I look at all your teams....maybe Ax has two good QBs...I might offer him a trade. Then he has to decline, accept or counter offer. So maybe start low and build up your offer as needed? But keep it realistic or it'll definitely be declined...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (09-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Hey all, here's the latest update:

NFL kickoff is only 8 days away, next Thursday with the Falcons taking on the Super Bowl Champion Eagles (ugggh ).
    So, we need to determine a draft date and time, and soon. I can't create the league until we have a draft date.
    I'm off all day tomorrow and Fri, so I can take the time to create the league and send invites once we choose a date.

Let's do it one night coming up....Sun, Mon, Tue or Wed...
    I am having knee surgery Tues, but will be down to draft that night if it works best for others.

Please let me know, people!!
    oh snap! i forgot to send u well wishes! i hope everything went well!!

(and if everything went well, no excuses!!)

Edit: also should we keep this thread going or start a new 2018 season thread in the Sports forum? https://ball-pythons.net/forums/foru...-SPORTS-Lounge
    Last edited by Ax01; 09-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast