Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,868

0 members and 2,868 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my BP

Thanks
    Thanked 19,907 Times in 11,893 Posts

Re: Lost my BP

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfreddie View Post
    i lost my corn snake years ago turned my whole flat upside down twice. I remember taking the kitchen cabinets apart and taking the sides ff the oven and back of the fridge i had. after a day and a half i found her underneath her viv as there was a slight gap like everyone keeps saying they usually dont go far. I'd recheck close to the last place you last saw her good luck
    I'll bet you wanted to scream!? Anyway, I think "they don't go far" applies more to BPs... at least in my colubrid experience with escapes. But you should always
    start close to their cage and then fan out from there.

Thanks

UPDATE: So good news is I found her poop so I have a general area of where she could be, sadly it was near my door /: so she really could be anywhere. Thankfully my room is the farthest away from the kitchen. I was really concerned that she'd make her way down there and if she does then I'm boned. My next concern is that she's under the couches. They have massive holes under them and they're a pain to look through. I'll keep you all posted, Im setting up hats as hides all over my hallway. Would using a heat lap directly over a hiding spot work better than a heat matt?
    Last edited by LittleMadSnek; 07-05-2018 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Thanks
    Thanked 19,907 Times in 11,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMadSnek View Post
    ...Would using a heat lap directly over a hiding spot work better than a heat matt?
    No, please don't do that...they get knocked over & start a fire. You're better off without a snake than without a house, but I do hope you find her, soon & safe.
    I don't envy your search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12