Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,268

1 members and 3,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Django doing his best impression of a cat...

Django shed last night, so i have him out for some quality time on my rainy day off. Well, I'm on the phone with my internet provider and this is where Django decided to park himself. Typically, it's our cat, Nala who's plopping herself down on anything I'm trying to read or write on. He's been there a good 5 minutes, meow...

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-28-2018),dakski (06-28-2018),MissterDog (06-28-2018),Prognathodon (06-28-2018),richardhind1972 (06-28-2018),Sunnieskys (06-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Django doing his best impression of a cat...

Nice! So chill. I don't think I could get Figment (corn snake) to do that. He really likes to move, although he's sweet as can be.

Behira (BCI) on the other hand, probably. I've posted pictures here where she's literally fallen asleep on my chest. No fear and totally chill = I'll Sleep When I Want and Where I Want!

Shayna (BP) has be known to chill in one spot too, but she sleeps with one eye open (well technically both eyes are open, right?). She's shy and although calm and docile, scares easily. She's fallen asleep with me holding her, one time with her head in the palm of my hand. After 20 minutes, I had to move my hand, which startled her, but she proceeded to have a big yawn on my hand. It was the cutest.

Django seems like a really awesome King! He's handsome and seems very handleable and calm. Nice work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-28-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanks! Generally speaking, Django is super chill. He has his moments though. Sometimes getting him out of his enclsoure takes an extra few seconds and some patience, but once he's out he's the epitome of a great snake to handle.

Tyson, my BP is just like yours!

Juice, my Borneo STP is perfectly content to just plop himself in one spot for the duration of the handling session.

But yeah, Django is an awesome King, and my favorite snake I've ever kept for good reason.

Thanks again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Thanks! Generally speaking, Django is super chill. He has his moments though. Sometimes getting him out of his enclsoure takes an extra few seconds and some patience, but once he's out he's the epitome of a great snake to handle.

Tyson, my BP is just like yours!

Juice, my Borneo STP is perfectly content to just plop himself in one spot for the duration of the handling session.

But yeah, Django is an awesome King, and my favorite snake I've ever kept for good reason.

Thanks again!
    "Generally speaking, Django is super chill. He has his moments though. Sometimes getting him out of his enclsoure takes an extra few seconds and some patience, but once he's out he's the epitome of a great snake to handle."

Ha ha! Feeding response, right?

When I was young, I had a king from a breeder for about a week. I gave him back! He struck at anything and everything. I was too young to be able to work with him.

Frankly, Behira is similar, mad food response! Hook first, then pick up once she realizes no food is coming. Once the food drive is turned off, she's a total dream!

Another part of their "personalities."

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    "Generally speaking, Django is super chill. He has his moments though. Sometimes getting him out of his enclsoure takes an extra few seconds and some patience, but once he's out he's the epitome of a great snake to handle."

Ha ha! Feeding response, right?

When I was young, I had a king from a breeder for about a week. I gave him back! He struck at anything and everything. I was too young to be able to work with him.

Frankly, Behira is similar, mad food response! Hook first, then pick up once she realizes no food is coming. Once the food drive is turned off, she's a total dream!

Another part of their "personalities."
    Exactly!! He hopes for food every time I open his enclosure. Sometimes he knows right away it's just me, other times it takes a few times petting him with one hand while distracting him with another. He'll thrash my hand away with his body and turn his head towards my hand, but never strikes. As soon as I actually get my hand under him he's fine though. On feeding day, if his mouse in in the room though, my hand doesn't go in the enclosure. He's like a completely different animal.

It's too bad you gave the King back, but it's super respectable that you knew your capabilities and I'm sure it was the right call at the time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-28-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Exactly!! He hopes for food every time I open his enclosure. Sometimes he knows right away it's just me, other times it takes a few times petting him with one hand while distracting him with another. He'll thrash my hand away with his body and turn his head towards my hand, but never strikes. As soon as I actually get my hand under him he's fine though. On feeding day, if his mouse in in the room though, my hand doesn't go in the enclosure. He's like a completely different animal.

It's too bad you gave the King back, but it's super respectable that you knew your capabilities and I'm sure it was the right call at the time.
    Yeah, I was young and I was intimated. I gave him right back to his breeder. Not exactly like I let him go or anything! He was an Eastern King if I recall.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Yeah, I was young and I was intimated. I gave him right back to his breeder. Not exactly like I let him go or anything! He was an Eastern King if I recall.
    Yeah, I get ya. Hopefully he settled down for whoever ended up with him

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-28-2018)