Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,475

2 members and 3,473 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    She's looking great, I love the contrast between light and dark, really stunning

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

Jewel is such a pretty girl Gio. I couldn't agree with you more about the awesomeness of carpets!
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-27-2018),Gio (06-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    HEY ,,,

Thanks all for the kind words. I guess she is officially 5 years old now. Back on June 19th so I've got a 7, 6, 5, and 2 for snake ages.

The 2 year old is the largest in length.

Stay tuned for Sniper B-day post in the Boa Forum!

Summer is such a sweet time of year!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-27-2018),jmcrook (06-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Yeah, I am super excited to pick up a carpet. I think I'll really enjoy them. I have always loved Kings and BPs and a carpet seems almost like the best of both worlds, but with the added bonus of more size.

I'd love to add a boa eventually, but after pointing out a few adults to my girlfriend at the Expo I don't see it happening.
    She's just not comfortable with them and I gotta respect that. She's cool enough to let me keep snakes when she used to be afraid, so I'm more than happy to live within her comfort level. But, maybe someday. Once upon a time it was no snakes at all, so time will tell...

At least now I know, so I can narrow my search. I've got my eyes on a few carpets...
    Good man; respecting your lady.

Katie came around on the Boa, but we started small and she's getting used to her as Behira grows up. In my experience, adult Boa's, when handled from young and not neglected or mistreated, are big puppy dogs. I am sure Behira will be a gentle giant as well.

Not saying you should get a Boa, but I think Katie prefers Behira's laid back nature over some Carpet's I have seen. I know very little about Carpet Pythons, but adore my BCI, as does Katie.

Either way, carpet or Boa, you can't go wrong. There are also dwarf/smaller species of each.

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning animal Gio! Absolutely gorgeous!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-27-2018),Gio (06-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post

Katie came around on the Boa, but we started small and she's getting used to her as Behira grows up. In my experience, adult Boa's, when handled from young and not neglected or mistreated, are big puppy dogs. I am sure Behira will be a gentle giant as well.

Not saying you should get a Boa, but I think Katie prefers Behira's laid back nature over some Carpet's I have seen. I know very little about Carpet Pythons, but adore my BCI, as does Katie.

Either way, carpet or Boa, you can't go wrong. There are also dwarf/smaller species of each.

- - - Updated - - -

I find them very similar. The carpets are more arboreal, but not by much in my experience.

Carpets are as long, sometimes longer but nowhere near the density.

My wife still has ZERO interest in reptiles but allowing me to have 4 snakes here puts her at the tip top of the cool scale.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-27-2018),dakski (06-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I find them very similar. The carpets are more arboreal, but not by much in my experience.

My wife still has ZERO interest in reptiles but allowing me to have 4 snakes here puts her at the tip top of the cool scale.
    Thank you for correcting me Gio. Maybe the few Carpet's I have met weren't handled much. They seemed much more active to me.

Again, beautiful animal and very glad the personality matches that!

Keep the pictures coming, drool.

Katie (my fiancé) was the same way, but she's coming around. Was not super happy about me moving in with a bunch of reptiles and the two dogs. Now 5 dogs between us and 8 reptiles split among 7 tanks! Luckily the 6X2' X 5 levels high has saved a ton of space and maintains temps and humidity better than anything else I have ever had! So, having 3 6X2' tanks and 4 3X2' tanks works great and all in one spot.

She started coming around with Frank, the BTS. Then she really started liking Behira's (BCI) personality. Now, she adores our new baby, Solana (Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn), who's all of 9G and stunningly beautiful. Solana is the one who is going to get her really like and appreciate snakes, I can tell.

However, also very appreciative that she a) let me move in to her house, b) accepted my proposal, and c) allows the reptiles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-27-2018)

Thanks

Thank you for correcting me Gio. Maybe the few Carpet's I have met weren't handled much. They seemed much more active to me.

Again, beautiful animal and very glad the personality matches that!

Keep the pictures coming, drool.

Katie (my fiancé) was the same way, but she's coming around. Was not super happy about me moving in with a bunch of reptiles and the two dogs. Now 5 dogs between us and 8 reptiles split among 7 tanks! Luckily the 6X2' X 5 levels high has saved a ton of space and maintains temps and humidity better than anything else I have ever had! So, having 3 6X2' tanks and 4 3X2' tanks works great and all in one spot.

She started coming around with Frank, the BTS. Then she really started liking Behira's (BCI) personality. Now, she adores our new baby, Solana (Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn), who's all of 9G and stunningly beautiful. Solana is the one who is going to get her really like and appreciate snakes, I can tell.

However, also very appreciative that she a) let me move in to her house, b) accepted my proposal, and c) allows the reptiles.
    I find my boa fairly active, and my carpet as well. Probably more so but it all depends on the day and who's eaten and who hasn't.

Jewel is super mellow. I shouldn't really use the word social to describe her but I'm going to do so. Early on she was a firecracker and bit me 3-4 times. After about a week she settled way down.

Once settle she actually was hand fed. She wouldn't strike in her cage, but when I held her in one hand and put the fuzzy in front of her with the other hand she's gently open her mouth and eat.

NOT at all typical, but its led to her being the most trustworthy snake here.

The boa is very chill, but he bit me last fall, my fault, he went behind my back and I reached around, grabbing his head by mistake and I got a little nip.

Jewel is easy to read, and seems to enjoy coming out.

She's a pain to feed and I often resort to live, which I don't like but there's only so much time in the day and only so many prey items I can tolerate wasting.

If my son didn't have his royal, and I didn't go nuts for SD retics, I'd have 2 carpets and 2 boas here.

They are tops on my list for overall enjoyment.

I like how Reinz and Ziggy have locality animals, and there is another few here that have Brisbane Coastals. Those are my favorites followed by Bredli.

Locality boas and carpets are my top picks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-27-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta show the ladies respect. No doubt. She's my rock. It sounds cliche, but it's true. She helps me to be a better me, and I try to make sure I do the same.

I'm not saying "never" to a boa, but it'll be a while if ever. Maybe after she sees Juice and a future carpet as they get some size on them, but I'm certainly not going to push it on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post

Yeah, my girl has very little interest, but does like little Cosmo. She's always happy to see his cutelittle face.

Anyway, sounds like we've got some good ladies, so let's continue to show them they're appreciated

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-27-2018),Gio (06-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Gotta show the ladies respect. No doubt. She's my rock. It sounds cliche, but it's true. She helps me to be a better me, and I try to make sure I do the same.

I'm not saying "never" to a boa, but it'll be a while if ever. Maybe after she sees Juice and a future carpet as they get some size on them, but I'm certainly not going to push it on her.

Yeah, my girl has very little interest, but does like little Cosmo. She's always happy to see his cutelittle face.

Anyway, sounds like we've got some good ladies, so let's continue to show them they're appreciated

"Gotta show the ladies respect. No doubt. She's my rock. It sounds cliche, but it's true. She helps me to be a better me, and I try to make sure I do the same."

Beautiful man, just beautiful, and well said. I feel the same way about Katie. However, seeing her come around and continue to be more interested in the reptiles really makes me happy. I like being able to share my passion with her, even if it's just a little bit right now.

Sorry Gio. I've said enough on this thread and not trying to hijack. I appreciate the flexibility, but I am signing off unless it's related to your pretty girl in the pictures.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-28-2018),Gio (06-27-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12