Ok so... I have been reading about these lovely creatures for months and been drooling on their beauty. I have read quite a few articles and watched youtube videos. I am almost to the point of shopping and building a nice enclosure to get ready and then........ well?

The "attitude" was the major draw back for me. It is what has kept me away from the species. So I started looking for information to verify or advice on "taming" one. This was a good read.

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care...n-Tree-Python/

"Green Tree Python Handling and Temperament Rico could write an entire article on green tree python handling and temperment. Wait; he already did. If you’re a lifelong subscriber to REPTILES magazine, you can find the article in the April 2006 issue. If you’re not, here’s a quick overview.
Green tree pythons have gotten a bad rap over the years. They have a reputation of being aggressive, but for the most part this is untrue. Their attitude can be a reflection of how they’ve been treated. If they are grabbed, physically restrained and treated roughly, they will become defensive and appear aggressive when approached.
The best thing to do when you want to handle a green tree python is to remove the animal from its enclosure while it is still resting on its perch. Remain calm and deliberate in your movements regardless of how the animal reacts. It is best to approach the snake from below with your free hand. This is far less threatening than approaching from above. Gently support the snake’s lower coils, and allow it to begin leaving the perch voluntarily. Raise the coils with your hand as the python begins to leave the perch. Never pull the snake from its perch. Instead, offer it another secure perching location. With a gentle and calm approach most green tree pythons will tolerate handling for short periods."
This section was related directly to the handling of them.

1. So I am looking for personal experiences of dealing with them. Give me the good and the bad.

2. I know I want CB not "wild caught". Good breeders? Would like one that will also talk to you about their experience and help if you have questions later down the road.

3. I know there are a few different kinds of GTPs. What are the pros and cons of the different kinds and colors and sex?

I am wanting to learn. Give me the good, the bad, and most importantly the truth about these guys.