Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,383

3 members and 3,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Why did you choose not to breed?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • My animals are pets only.

21 38.18%
  • No need.

6 10.91%
  • Cost and quality of husbandry.

5 9.09%
  • Feeding cost.

3 5.45%
  • Might one day breed.

13 23.64%
  • I am breeding.

14 25.45%
  • Other

3 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: So I have decieded not to breed. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    For many years I've done my best to educate others about snakes...all kinds of snakes & in many venues. As Skyrivers said, the feeling of seeing so
    many people who've always feared or "hated" snakes, actually change their minds when they can safely meet some of mine...it's priceless. So for me,
    that's my preferred way to contribute...not by breeding more, but making sure that the snakes we have in the wild, as well as the ones people choose
    to keep as pets, are respected, valued & properly cared for. Doesn't matter what age, little children to grandparents have held my snakes & found out
    they aren't scary or out to 'get' them, that instead they are just shy & beautiful creatures to appreciate.
    It is also nice to take my large girls and let people who love them but cant afford a large animal have the fun of holding one and watching them grow. I have always had a huge passion for animals. I would have a zoo if I could afford it and do it properly. I started as a young child learning about animals and have worked hard to educate myself through the years on many animals and am a biologist at heart. My job has none thing to do with animals now though but the education continues. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist when I first went to collage. My parents discouraged me till I dropped out year 3 and went into the Army. Now (2 degrees later) I work on medical equipment and have animals as a hobby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-23-2018)