Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,415

2 members and 3,413 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Wouldn't you feel the need to a re-shower after having a snake all over you like that? One thing to have it over your clothes, but if you're just in your boxers I'd feel like I'd want to wash up again.

Don't like videos like these because at the end of the day it's an animal that has no reason to be in a shower with a human being. I just find it disrespectful to the snake.

But you never know maybe he takes really good care of his guys and they enjoy it lol?
    ~We Don't Have To Agree On Anything To Be Kind To One Another~

Thanks

Re: Showering buddies

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Well, you would think that a snake enthusiast would keep the best interest of this hobby in mind.

As is, the rules/laws for keeping snakes, ESP. large constrictors, are getting more widespread and stricter all the time.

In part to people like this.

If he really just enjoys taking a shower with his snake, well, if it floats his boat.
    But this is obv. done for attention and "look at me, I'm so hot/cool/whatever" Let's show the people what we snake people are all about.

When/if it goes wrong and hits the news, it will spawn more laws and reinforce the opinion of the general public that reptile lovers are crazy and also dangerous to themselves as well as others.
    I agree, I like his goal of educating the public about animals but I hate how does stuff like bringing Burms to parties and the like. There are better ways of educating and I feel eventually it'll just end up as bad press for the hobby. But you pretty much just said the same thing but far more articulately than I could lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MD_Pythons For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (05-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CottonMouth View Post
    Wouldn't you feel the need to a re-shower after having a snake all over you like that? One thing to have it over your clothes, but if you're just in your boxers I'd feel like I'd want to wash up again.

Don't like videos like these because at the end of the day it's an animal that has no reason to be in a shower with a human being. I just find it disrespectful to the snake.

But you never know maybe he takes really good care of his guys and they enjoy it lol?
    My concern would be that I use soap & shampoo when I shower, but it's not meant for snakes. With the water running, I can't say I'd feel un-clean for
    touching the snake but no snake should be exposed to our bathing products, & I wouldn't feel clean with just water. The snake didn't really appear to be
    enjoying that shower either...it's just a silly thing to do. I don't know anything about the guy in video, but maybe he's trying to show ppl how much he
    trusts this snake?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Well, you would think that a snake enthusiast would keep the best interest of this hobby in mind.

As is, the rules/laws for keeping snakes, ESP. large constrictors, are getting more widespread and stricter all the time.

In part to people like this.

If he really just enjoys taking a shower with his snake, well, if it floats his boat.
    But this is obv. done for attention and "look at me, I'm so hot/cool/whatever" Let's show the people what we snake people are all about.

When/if it goes wrong and hits the news, it will spawn more laws and reinforce the opinion of the general public that reptile lovers are crazy and also dangerous to themselves as well as others.
    Interesting how everyone is jumping on to therealtatzan here. A very experienced animal keeper and educator.

Brian Barcyzk climbs into a pool to bathe his large snakes and not a peep from anyone. But let this guy do it and all of a sudden he's trying to 'look cool and seek attention'?

Maybe do some research on people within the exotic animal community instead of going with your clearly ingrained prejudice first.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian View Post
    Interesting how everyone is jumping on to therealtatzan here. A very experienced animal keeper and educator.

Brian Barcyzk climbs into a pool to bathe his large snakes and not a peep from anyone. But let this guy do it and all of a sudden he's trying to 'look cool and seek attention'?

Maybe do some research on people within the exotic animal community instead of going with your clearly ingrained prejudice first.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I did look into him after this post and yeah you can definitely tell his love for animals is there, especially Snakes! Actually a very interesting man, and I think a very good asset to the reptile community as he's showing how amazing these animals are and not what they are made up to be in horror movies. He's got a new follower on Instagram now lol. But still doesn't change my view on that particular video, however, I would take this Video all day over all these other videos you see on Youtube of bad owners. I just personally don't like seeing an animal in a situation where it wouldn't be in the wild, almost like a circus (Part of the reason I stopped pet ownership)

I will definitely admit to judging him a bit too quick.

And since no one is posting his IG name correctly, its therealtarzann, his name is Mike Holston
    Last edited by CottonMouth; 05-22-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks

I have mixed feelings on this. It's his pet he can do what he wants with it and i'm sure he knows it well. But if it strangled him or something it doesn't help societies disposition towards reptiles and the owners.

And if he's doing it for fame the video only has like 180 views so its no working lol. Also regardless if its for fame or he just likes to shower with his pet anaconda. Showering with it seems reaaally impractical. But I guess that's a cool story to tell at a bar "one time I showered with an anaconda".
    Last edited by EDR; 05-22-2018 at 03:30 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

RickyNY (05-22-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this. It's his pet he can do what he wants with it and i'm sure he knows it well. But if it strangled him or something it doesn't help societies disposition towards reptiles and the owners.

And if he's doing it for fame the video only has like 180 views so its no working lol. Also regardless if its for fame or he just likes to shower with his pet anaconda. Showering with it seems reaaally impractical. But I guess that's a cool story to tell at a bar "one time I showered with an anaconda".
    Yeah the link didn't help lol, that's what made me kinda judge, it was some random video with no background behind it. The original video on his page has over half a million views and 3000 comments.

Thanks

Haha, all I can think about is how much I would hate tepid bath water!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CottonMouth View Post
    Yeah the link didn't help lol, that's what made me kinda judge, it was some random video with no background behind it. The original video on his page has over half a million views and 3000 comments.

Yeah I went with what I saw. I honestly felt 180 views seemed wrong some how. But yeah thanks for the correction.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    Well, I used to shower/bathe my bcc and she seemed to enjoy it... granted, I wasn't in there with her though... that would just be rude. Lol

But hey, snake looks healthy and if it wanted to get out of the shower bad enough, even a big guy like him wouldn't be able to keep it there, so I'm fine with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast