Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,964

2 members and 1,962 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

jpriebe2 (44)

» Stats

Members: 75,143
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jennifer660
    Thanks

Bubba the alligator passed away

Got the news through the chicago herp society. (from kingsnake threads)

From Brian Potter:

Bubba The Alligator owned by Jim Nesci passed away on Saturday September 17th, 2005. For those of you from the Midwest or those of you that have been to any of the NARBC shows and have seen this amazing animal you know what kind of loss this was. Jim Nesci is one of those guys that has always loved reptiles. He didnt breed anything fancy or buy the next big thing. He just went around with an Alligator and some other herps educating in schools, stores, partys, herp shows, tv stations, radio stations.....and a ton of other places. He purchased Bubba at Rapid City Reptile Gardens in 1998 as a baby. This animal grew into a 8 1/2 foot 275 lb. "freak of nature" so to speak......if you met him you would know what I mean. He was the most gentle thing you have ever seen. He listened to Jims commands and sat on tables at events sometimes for 12 hours at a time without moving.....he went to hospitals for the make-a-wish foundation and carried little kids whos last wish was to meet Bubba. Is that not more than most of us have done???? Bubba changed attitudes of those against our industry by the 10's of thousands....who else can say that??? Bubba made people realize that not all reptiles or animals are the same....and not all keepers. Maybe thats why the Croc Hunter (Steve Irwin) called him the most amazing animal hes ever worked with. If more of us would do the things that this amazing Alligator has done for our industry and hobby we would be far better off! For some time now Bubba had been fighting an unknown problem. His blood work had been sent to several labs all coming back with normal results. Jim new better and kept looking.....and finally figured out he had a UTI (urinary tract infection) containing Sudomonis (spelling??) and E-Coli. Bubba gave up the fight this past Saturday evening. If you dont know who Jim and or Bubba are.....check out www.coldbloodedcreatures.com and see what you missed. I have known Jim for over 12 years and can say there is no one I have more respect for. He has always been the ultimate professional and worked to help our industry....with Bubba at his side. Jim has been a friend to me and many others in times of need.....Bubba has done more charity work than anyone I know and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years for many, many causes and charities. Jim is a time of need now.....not for money....but for friends....if you have a moment drop by his website or drop him an e-mail (Jimnesci@aol.com) and let him know Bubba was appreciated for what he did for so many. Maybe this will inspire some people to do some charity work or try and promote our industry the way Bubba did for the past 17 years! Im proud to have known Bubba and call Jim my best friend. Bubba......you will be missed by thousands and thousands.....

Thank you,

Brian Potter
    NARBC
    Chicago Reptile House
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Re: Bubba the alligator passed away

Unimom informed me of this yesterday. It's a shame.. I was looking forward to seeing him at the NARBC show.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Re: Bubba the alligator passed away

Thats really sad to hear. I've heard about him a lot!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu