Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
I would bump up the humidity a little. People will tell you dumerils only need 40-50% humidity which from Luna my dumerils, i found was BS. When i kept Luna that low, she was crunchy like a potato chip when i held her and when i would mist her cage, she would crazy and dig in the wet substrate. I keep her around 70-75% humidity along with the boas and she does great. nice supple skin and honestly doesnt seem to care that much about misting anymore.

Are you sure that the snake was eating regular when you got it? Baby dumerils are notorious for being a pain to get eating. Luckily when i got Luna, she was a pig and a fat little baby too. She was about 12 inches when i got her. She would eat any FT mouse you put in front of her. My problem is trying to switch her to rats now.

Just keep trying every week or two. I would personally just try FT, just get it good and warm, fluff dry it and then walk it past the dumerils in the cage. Taking the dumerils out of the cage is probably putting it off food as they tend to be shy to start with and being a baby just makes it worse. I always fed Luna in her cage. Just use forceps and walk the mouse head first towards her when she was buried in ambush mode and she would fly out and snatch it. Then i would slide a piece of cardboard under her and the mouse and let her eat. When she was done, she would usually climb under the cardboard lol.
I will definitely try bumping the humidity. It has actually been a hassle for me to keep the humidity that low. I did notice this last shed seemed a little drier than I am used to. It was still all one piece but kind of flaky when I picked it up.

I was told he was regularly eating mouse hoppers as long as it was dark and quiet. So far he just ignores the mice or burrows all of the way down to the bottom of the substrate until it is taken out. I much prefer f/t so I may just try f/t from now on. I have to do the same with my Hog it has to be warm and "alive" for her to eat. I will also try feeding him in his enclosure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
Wow! 11 months is enough to give anyone anxiety I’ll be interested to see if bumping humidity is helpful for you. I took Nagini out today and she did, for the first time, feel a little dry. I’m gonna test out Sauzo’s theory! Still amazed at how fat she looks, even though she never eats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was beyond freaked out when he went over 6 months but he didn't lose much weight so I just waited him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
I’d bump the heat a bit if it were me. I’ve always heard they like it rather steamy... could be wrong. Im keeping my caye at a 90-91 hot spot and 81 ambient.

Ive always heard boas are fierce eaters. I’m only a month into one but she hasn’t refused a meal yet... yours sounds tiny tho. My girl is 350g so I didn’t have to deal with the early phase.

Please keep us posted
I've read so many conflicting things about the heat that I wasn't sure which one to follow.