Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,953

0 members and 2,953 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397

View Poll Results: Will Bloods be the Next Big thing?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they will soon be the most popular thing.

22 8.91%
  • No they won't be very popular

29 11.74%
  • Maybe they will get pretty popular ,but not as much as Ball Pythons

196 79.35%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I think Bloods are the.....

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAL PYTHON 13
    I think the ballpython is always going to be the best pyhton there is but maybe the bloodpython might turn out to be very popular.
    a ball python is no better than any other snake it is just more popular

as for popularity, no snake(possible corns) will ever have enough morphs as the ball python. why? well first africa has very little exporting laws(most morphs occur in the wild) meaning thousands can be exported each year. sumatra and borneo have stricter laws thus making most blood morphs appearing in the wild will be picked off at a young age.

temperment-bloods are like any somewhat larger snake-a bad rep. my female blood(now 3 1/2 foot) is one of the calmest snakes i own, infact ive got a baby pastel bp that strikes at anything moving in his enclosure. bloods are heavy bodied snakes and if dealt with the right keeper are very easy to avoid getting bit.
    just my 2 cents
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Not taking the time to read every post already made, I have to disagree with the original poster. I feel that because of the young aggression problems and the possibility of the adult size, these will never be anywhere near as popular of a pet as ball pythons.
    lots of snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uro1001
    a ball python is no better than any other snake it is just more popular

as for popularity, no snake(possible corns) will ever have enough morphs as the ball python. why? well first africa has very little exporting laws(most morphs occur in the wild) meaning thousands can be exported each year. sumatra and borneo have stricter laws thus making most blood morphs appearing in the wild will be picked off at a young age.

temperment-bloods are like any somewhat larger snake-a bad rep. my female blood(now 3 1/2 foot) is one of the calmest snakes i own, infact ive got a baby pastel bp that strikes at anything moving in his enclosure. bloods are heavy bodied snakes and if dealt with the right keeper are very easy to avoid getting bit.
    just my 2 cents
    Wow, an old thread...

I will have to disagree. Cornsnakes easily have more morphs than Ball Pythons! Retics, are coming up fast. Don't put these other snake species down! Ball Pythons have a disadvantege, they dont produce nearly as many eggs as corns or retics do, corns can also double clutch, and on rare occations triple clutch, herefore, they can get a certain morph bred out quicker. Not saying Ball Pythons don't have a great variety of morphs, which they do, they just arn't the species with the most morphs!! They sure are the most exspencive.

Thanks

Im a crip!!!! So i hate the bloods.... Cheesy i know, sorry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juddb
    Im a crip!!!! So i hate the bloods.... Cheesy i know, sorry

Thanks

I think they will be big but not as big a Ball pythons they are still illegal in some places especailly here where I am...

We cannot seem to get any big snakes here, even some Carpets are considered Illegal even tho they are sold at pet stores Oh well lol at leaset we can still have Carpets

Thanks

i think the biggest factor on them not gettin as popular as BP's would have to be the size. not very many people who are looking to get into snakes want one that is going to get that large to begin. I really want a blood tho! its not really sayin much tho cuz my life list is something like an ablino burm, GTP, and RTB not to mention my BP project. lol
    pin albino bp in the making

Thanks

why arent borneos more popular? smaller size maybe better disposition some would say. i dont see bloods ever being as popular as balls just because of there reputation wich can be true and there size i love bloods and have a few but just dont see it happening as much as i want it to.

Thanks

I have seen many people go to reptile cons and pic up a snake and have no clue the size or expense that particular animal will be. Yet it has pretty colors so many don't think of the future.

Due to the length of them the demand may grow. But they do have a bad rap to many people. The last Reptile Con I went to Bloods were the majority there. With the morphs coming out like the Albino and Ivory they may be desired; however, I don't see them ever getting near to out do the Ball Pythons.

But then I didn't see Ret. getting that popular due to their size :eek: . But I was proved wrong.

Thanks

I think you will see carpets take that title way before bloods. I think the morphs beginning to come from carpets is and are going to be far more appealing to reptile lovers. However I don't see ball pythons falling off in popularity enough to make much of a difference.

Chuck

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast