So right now my baby girl is in a ten gallon tank and I can *not* stand it anymore. I have a medium low exo-terra I'm currently getting set up for her. I want to really have the space to get adequate hides and foliage and water dishes for her. Her 10-gallon right now is basically just adequate - and anything less than wonderful isn't good enough for my baby girl. She's five and a half months old right now, and unfortunately I don't have her weight at this moment.

As for the exo-terra, obviously I'm going to have to re-set-up my heating supplies and I'd like to get more high-tech with it. Can someone tell me more about using thermostats on heating apparatuses, and how you have your tank set up? (I know tubs are easier but I just love, love, love watching her when she comes out to explore and want to be able to always see her and her home). I know humidity is difficult to keep up in a tank so I'm experimenting with substrate to see what works best. I'm open to all advice! What I did for the screen top of her tank is I cut three pieces of cardboard that are the exact size of the sections of the screen top and wrapped them in tinfoil so that they fit perfectly snug, leaving one section of the screen top open for her heat lamp. But then, of course, heat lamps aren't humidity's best friend. But a heating mat just doesn't seem to be quite enough.

I'd love help and advice getting her new home set up so I can switch her over soon.