Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,249

2 members and 3,247 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    No experience to offer, but what a gorgeous girl, love the red foliage you have gorgeous noodle with a magnificent set up , she looks pleased
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Valyrian (04-15-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Re: At what size does a Burm normally stop using hides?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian View Post
    Hi guys. The guy I bought my Burm from doesnt have hides for any of his adults. He said once they're adults they don't need them cos they're pretty much the king of the jungle and really confident.

My Burm is only 8 months old and 4 feet long. She stopped using her hides about 2 weeks ago (she only ever used the warm hide anyway). I thought it was because they were too small so I bought her the largest exo terra tortoise cave as she's growing so fast. But she's not interested in it at all.

Is this normal at 8 months old/ 4 feet long? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Have nothing to contribute in regards to your question lol, but your set up looks bad ass, got to share a few more pictures man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamsnacks For This Useful Post:

Valyrian (04-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    No experience to offer, but what a gorgeous girl, love the red foliage you have gorgeous noodle with a magnificent set up , she looks pleased
    Thanks, I couldn't decide between Hypo or Albino so I got a Hypo Albino (Pearl) There were also Blizzards available from her clutch (Super Hypo Albino) but they were a bit out of my price range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsnacks View Post
    Have nothing to contribute in regards to your question lol, but your set up looks bad ass, got to share a few more pictures man.
    Thanks man. It's a 4 x 2 Vivexotic vivarium, with White Python 150 watt CHE and LEDs both controlled by a Microclimate Evo thermostat on a day night cycle.

I'm looking forward to building her a custom adult setup. This is my only snake so I can go all out with a slightly heated drainable pool and large branches for climbing

On a side note, I like this Eco Earth a lot but it sticks to her mouth from tongue flicking. Its not inside as I've seen her yawning but do you guys experience substrate on their mouth too?

Last edited by Valyrian; 04-15-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valyrian For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-15-2018),Hamsnacks (04-15-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    Awesome pictures man, well done, I really like your set up, it looks great. I like the colors and use the same tortoise shell for my Carpet Python who's about 6.6 Feet and I'm going to start covering it the way you have it.

In regards to Eco Earth, I've never had a snake that would get it in their mouth due to tongue flicking so I can't comment on that but my snakes definitely get some in their mouths if they attack a prey pretty hard and roll around. From my knowledge on reptiles though, not just snakes, a little Eco Earth can't harm them if digested, they get a lot more Nature in their mouths in the wild and their stomachs are incredible. The only concern I've read from others on here is if a bigger piece gets stuck somewhere at the beginning of their mouths, but I go through all my substrate to make sure no bigger pieces are present.

Owning 1 snake is great cause you can just focus all your attention and money lol on just the one.

Keep us updated though, would love to see her as she grows and if you build a bigger tank.

Good luck to you and her

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamsnacks For This Useful Post:

Valyrian (04-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsnacks View Post
    Awesome pictures man, well done, I really like your set up, it looks great. I like the colors and use the same tortoise shell for my Carpet Python who's about 6.6 Feet and I'm going to start covering it the way you have it.

In regards to Eco Earth, I've never had a snake that would get it in their mouth due to tongue flicking so I can't comment on that but my snakes definitely get some in their mouths if they attack a prey pretty hard and roll around. From my knowledge on reptiles though, not just snakes, a little Eco Earth can't harm them if digested, they get a lot more Nature in their mouths in the wild and their stomachs are incredible. The only concern I've read from others on here is if a bigger piece gets stuck somewhere at the beginning of their mouths, but I go through all my substrate to make sure no bigger pieces are present.

Owning 1 snake is great cause you can just focus all your attention and money lol on just the one.

Keep us updated though, would love to see her as she grows and if you build a bigger tank.

Good luck to you and her
    Thanks mate. The tortoise cave has only been in there for two days but so far she just seems to prefer climbing over the top of it ha ha.

0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

My Normal never used one and my Albino stopped after about 4/5 feet.. They were not the PVC hides of today so idk if that mattered back then or not. Mine always just coiled in the back right hand side basking area. Ive never had plants, decor or clutter for my Burms and never a nervous bone in their body
    Glad she is doing so well

iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Valyrian (04-16-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12