Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,382

3 members and 3,379 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Threaded View

Thanks
    I read your post (and may have missed this) but how are you presenting the f/t prey? Most snakes won't strike at non-moving prey, so it helps to offer it on tongs...grasp the prey around the shoulder region and "zombie walk" it around the tub, mimicking rodent movements. If she takes mice more readily, then start with f/t mice.

To thaw mine, I put them in the fridge overnight. Then the day of feeding, I place them out, on top of or near my snakes for 2-3 hours to get up to room temp. After that, I heat with a blow drier until they feel warm to the touch, heating the head more than the rest of the body. I then offer on tongs using the zombie dance walking. I have one feeder that sometimes will not take on first offering, so I offer to her first, feed everyone else, wait about 15 minutes, then offer to her again after re-heating with the blow drier. She will usually take then. I also have one that will only take rats that have been scented by rubbing a f/t mouse on them. I've got one that is shyer and won't take if you walk the prey towards her.. You have to walk it around the tub like it is unaware of the snake (i.e. from side to side) she will then get interested and stalk it and strike.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

Michelle-07 (10-11-2018),Ronniex2 (05-02-2018)