Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,322

2 members and 3,320 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Nightmares and breakdowns while waiting for your babies to ship

Thirteen years ago, my very first post on this forum was about a snake shipping nightmare. It was my first BP, and he was shipped to me from a foster in California. He'd been through some rough treatment anyway - she had doctored him through some skin issues and an RI. This was pre-ShipYourReptiles, though I believe she still used Fed-Ex for shipping. In any case, he was shipped on a Thursday and got stuck in Kentucky due to severe storms, and I was a poor college student in Ohio with no way of getting to him. This was in the dog days of summer, 100+ temps all weekend long and crazy humidity. I thought this snake was for sure going to end up cooked alive and I felt terrible about it.

He made it on Monday and came out of his snake bag swinging, tagged me twice before I could even appreciate he was alive. He struck a few more times when I put him into his cage, and earned the name Diablo from his initial reaction to me... but after leaving him alone for a week, he never struck again, and was the model of ball python chillness. He actually ended up with another family here on the forums with two kids that handled him frequently.

Still, the foster and I learned a VERY important shipping lesson - NEVER EVER EVER ship on a Thursday.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...essed-out-ball

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (03-28-2018),Bogertophis (08-08-2018),Sgt7212 (03-28-2018)