Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,347

1 members and 3,346 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Good ombination?

So recently I bought my first snake, a Cinnamon Butter 100% Het G-Stripe/100% Het Ghost (Possible Enchi), and I was looking around for males to breed her with. I found a male from the same seller - with 6 traits (Butter, Cinnamon, Enchi, Super Pastel, 100% Het G-Stripe/100% Het Ghost).
    I typed their traits into the breeding calculator thing and with the possible outcomes do these seem like a good combination?

I could only screenshot a couple but they're all variations of those same things.

Also sorry for the typo in the title but my Mac flipped out for no reason and submitted it.
    Last edited by AmericanTacos; 03-27-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    If I didn't ask your opinion, I don't want it.

--

Proud artist and reptile lover <3

--

Yes, I do believe snakes are capable of enjoying a human's presence.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanTacos For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-30-2018)

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Re: Good ombination?

You just bought your first snake and are already planning to breed? Id really pump the brakes on that idea and learn a lot more about them before bringing more into the world. What are your breeding goals? Seems too many get into this for $, buy 20 snakes their first year then sell them all off by year 3/4 when they realize the work in planning, care, and then establishing a market for the offspring. Not to mention it gets really old for established breeders to have to help identify a clutch because the person relies on genetic wizard instead of knowing how to write a Punnett Square.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks

I'm honestly so tired of hearing this crap. If I had a nickel for every time some high and mighty breeder on this site accused a budding enthusiast of being in it for the money, I could split it amongst everybody who it was directed to and we'd all be rich. How about instead of assuming what I know and what my reasons for breeding are, you answer the actual question? "If i didn't ask your opinion, I don't want it."

I'm not planning to breed for profit, I want to raise them. I only plan on buying one more male and then no more breeders. I love ball pythons, I love my snake, and I love different kinds of morphs. I don't care what morph the offspring is because it doesn't matter - I'm not selling them. I know how to write a :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:ing punnett square because I'm not an absolute idiot. Congratulations on taking 6th grade biology like everyone else, it really gives you the right the the condescending attitude.

I am perfectly aware of the care that goes into owning and raising snakes - that really isn't the problem here. If you and everyone else got off your high horse and stopped assuming everyone is an idiot solely because they aren't an established breeder. I've bred snakes, I've raised snakes, I've cared for snakes. When I say "first snake" I mean the first snake that has truly been mine. I saved up money for her and I give her the absolute best care I can - she is the first snake I have BOUGHT myself.

And yes, I am "already planning" to breed. You completely contradicted yourself. You insult people for planning too far ahead and insult people for not planning enough. None of you even know what you think, all you want to do is insult new hobbyists for being lesser than you when there was a time each and every one of you were new.

Your assumptions are terrible and pretentious, and if I wanted to kill myself I could just jump from your conclusions to the ground. It was a simple question asking for the opinions of other breeders, and if you can't even answer the only thing originally asked - just don't give your opinion.
    If I didn't ask your opinion, I don't want it.

--

Proud artist and reptile lover <3

--

Yes, I do believe snakes are capable of enjoying a human's presence.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanTacos For This Useful Post:

Eramyl (03-27-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTacos View Post
    I'm honestly so tired of hearing this crap. If I had a nickel for every time some high and mighty breeder on this site accused a budding enthusiast of being in it for the money, I could split it amongst everybody who it was directed to and we'd all be rich. How about instead of assuming what I know and what my reasons for breeding are, you answer the actual question? "If i didn't ask your opinion, I don't want it."

I'm not planning to breed for profit, I want to raise them. I only plan on buying one more male and then no more breeders. I love ball pythons, I love my snake, and I love different kinds of morphs. I don't care what morph the offspring is because it doesn't matter - I'm not selling them. I know how to write a :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:ing punnett square because I'm not an absolute idiot. Congratulations on taking 6th grade biology like everyone else, it really gives you the right the the condescending attitude.

I am perfectly aware of the care that goes into owning and raising snakes - that really isn't the problem here. If you and everyone else got off your high horse and stopped assuming everyone is an idiot solely because they aren't an established breeder. I've bred snakes, I've raised snakes, I've cared for snakes. When I say "first snake" I mean the first snake that has truly been mine. I saved up money for her and I give her the absolute best care I can - she is the first snake I have BOUGHT myself.

And yes, I am "already planning" to breed. You completely contradicted yourself. You insult people for planning too far ahead and insult people for not planning enough. None of you even know what you think, all you want to do is insult new hobbyists for being lesser than you when there was a time each and every one of you were new.

Your assumptions are terrible and pretentious, and if I wanted to kill myself I could just jump from your conclusions to the ground. It was a simple question asking for the opinions of other breeders, and if you can't even answer the only thing originally asked - just don't give your opinion.

Seriously????? Cool your jets. This is a public forum where you asked for advice. If you want to be childish and react that way please choose another outlet. This forum is not intended to be a battlefield. There's no need for the outrage or the swearing.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

MD_Pythons (03-27-2018),Plasma (03-27-2018),tttaylorrr (03-27-2018)

Thanks

You're right, "I typed their traits into the breeding calculator thing" sounds like you know your stuff and how punnetts squares work so I apologize. If selling and identification are not your goals then how should anyone else be able to know what a "good combination" would be for you? Breed for what YOU like since you plan to keep the whole clutch. There are plenty of popular morphs out there that I dont like so I dont work with the genes just the same as there are morphs I work with that Im sure other people think are meh.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-27-2018),MD_Pythons (03-27-2018),Plasma (03-27-2018),tttaylorrr (03-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

OUCH!

Sigh..... well I think OP has a point or 2 but what an attitude? You asked for help and an advocate for the animals spoke up trying to help you. No need to be rude. I don't always agree with craigafrechette but one thing I can say about him is he loves the animals. To AmericanTacos You should be more clear about your experience before posing as a noob and that way you wont look like a total moron posting "Just got my first snake" fallowed by "breeding". I see none thing wrong with the response craigafrechette gave you. He meant well and the advice was sound for a noob taking the same approach.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    WOW That's the craziest combo I've ever heard of! You could get a double super, double co-dom and double recessive all in one snake! You could probably breed that pair for the rest of your life and never get the same snake twice. With odds of 1 in 512 with an average of 6 eggs per clutch it could take you 85 clutches (or 85 years) to hit that combo on top! I bet it would be fun to try to figure out what all the hatchlings are, my guess is you would have to prove out a lot of them to know for sure, especially if you hit the 'Super Butter' which is an all white snake, it would probably mask the rest of the genes. You would get some cool Silver Bullet combos too (Super Cinnamon + Pastel). And everything would be at least Pastel (no Normals). That would be a fun pair to breed!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

AmericanTacos (03-30-2018),C.Marie (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    **searching *** where did i put my popcorn......
    Ball
    1.0 Enchi Lesser Killer Bee
    0.1 Killer King Clown
    0.1 Mystic Potion

Retic
    1.0 Purple Phase Albino

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scherf For This Useful Post:

purpleroan (03-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTacos View Post
    just don't give your opinion.
    but you did ask for opinions.......
    Ball
    1.0 Enchi Lesser Killer Bee
    0.1 Killer King Clown
    0.1 Mystic Potion

Retic
    1.0 Purple Phase Albino

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Scherf For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-27-2018)

Thanks

"I am perfectly aware of the care that goes into owning and raising snakes - that really isn't the problem here. If you and everyone else got off your high horse and stopped assuming everyone is an idiot solely because they aren't an established breeder. I've bred snakes, I've raised snakes, I've cared for snakes. When I say "first snake" I mean the first snake that has truly been mine. I saved up money for her and I give her the absolute best care I can - she is the first snake I have BOUGHT myself. "

OP i dont want you think think I'm picking on you because my immediate concern is only for the well being of any pet in someones care but just want to point out that lying about your experience and knowledge doesn't help anyone see things from your side. We all started somewhere, but for future reference, your previous posts are easily visible so we can all see that just 2 months ago you asked what "in blue" means and what "proven" means among numerous other basic questions that you would already know if most of your rant were true. Good luck with whatever route you chose.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-27-2018),tttaylorrr (03-27-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast