Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,325

0 members and 3,325 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cupholder Snek

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    Do you plan to use any heat source for it or are they a room temp type rat snake.

My mandarin is unheated and prefers low-mid70s. He eats like a beast and is rather active at times for a mandarin.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Cupholder Snek

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Do you plan to use any heat source for it or are they a room temp type rat snake.

My mandarin is unheated and prefers low-mid70s. He eats like a beast and is rather active at times for a mandarin.
    it's still kinda cold over here in Seattle, so i attached a small heatpad and thermostat to a sidewall. it's set at 83 and he can coil up next to it if needed. but yes, i plan to move to room temps once it warms up. my readings show that despite their tropical nature, they prefer mild temps but high humidity. i hope he's active and becomes quite the display snake. they look red/orange w/ black stripes but once u see the belly, you're like wow, i didn't expect that. lol pretty cool!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Cupholder Snek

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    it's still kinda cold over here in Seattle, so i attached a small heatpad and thermostat to a sidewall. it's set at 83 and he can coil up next to it if needed. but yes, i plan to move to room temps once it warms up. my readings show that despite their tropical nature, they prefer mild temps but high humidity. i hope he's active and becomes quite the display snake. they look red/orange w/ black stripes but once u see the belly, you're like wow, i didn't expect that. lol pretty cool!
    I've found mine to be rather shy and reclusive BUT luckily you can slide open the glass door and close it ( quickly ) and he comes out ready to kill .... You / me / anything really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12