Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,332

2 members and 3,330 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

We shared pictures to put faces with who we talk to, but what about personality ? What makes you YOU ?

Oftentimes people on the internet come across differently then who they really are. Sometimes on purpose, but sometimes because the anonymity brings out certain parts of the personality more then others.

In the real world, I'm quite a shy person. I'm not a social butterfly at all. I'm a introvert, always have been.
    I am socially awkward and sometimes anxious (since before it has been a "thing"). I have gotten better at hiding it, but it is what it is. I'm the person that is ready to go home after a couple of hours at a get together. The only way I can hang out and have a lot of fun with others, is when it is with people I know or trust. Some I can trust almost immediately, its sort of a gut feeling. Some, I never do.

I'm the one that hated school years. The social part about it. I wasn't popular. I got teased a lot, because as a late bloomer I looked more like a skinny boy and curves were nowhere to be found.

Like so many animal lovers, I prefer their company over some humans. While I love my family and have a number of GOOD friends, I keep the circle small.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind spending time alone, as a matter of fact, if I don't get some alone time every so often, I get downright grumpy. I'm a independent spirit.

While I have faith, I don't believe in religion. Or persecution. There is enough true evil in the world, why do so many religious people have to persecute innocent people simply based on whom they decide to love ? I don't believe that is what makes a good christian or a good person. Just try to be good and do good, whenever you can. My faith is private and personal, I do not have to be in a church to practice it.

I'm outdoor and nature loving. A dramatic sunset is one of the most beautiful things there are to look at. So much beauty out there. I love practical presents over things such as jewelry, purses or designer clothes. Not very girly girly, I'm afraid

The internet, forums and social media is a good way to socialize and talk to people in a "safe" way. As in, you can walk away, turn it on, turn it off. For people with social anxieties, this is a good thing.

I might come across quite different then I am. I don't let many people "in" and there are things I do not share with anyone at all. And never will. As is, I've shared more right here then I ever have "online". This proves just how much I find this forum different from many others. I know its still "the internet", but this place and most people that frequent it feels almost like a home. The good and bad of "family". (mostly good, lol..)

What is the most important thing to me in my life ? That would be my daughter.

So who are You ??
    Last edited by zina10; 03-14-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-14-2018),CALM Pythons (03-14-2018),Craiga 01453 (03-14-2018),dakski (03-14-2018),hilabeans (03-14-2018),Jus1More (03-15-2018),Tila (03-14-2018),tttaylorrr (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    We shared pictures to put faces with who we talk to, but what about personality ? What makes you YOU ?

Oftentimes people on the internet come across differently then who they really are. Sometimes on purpose, but sometimes because the anonymity brings out certain parts of the personality more then others.

In the real world, I'm quite a shy person. I'm not a social butterfly at all. I'm a introvert, always have been.
    I am socially awkward and sometimes anxious (since before it has been a "thing"). I have gotten better at hiding it, but it is what it is. I'm the person that is ready to go home after a couple of hours at a get together. The only way I can hang out and have a lot of fun with others, is when it is with people I know or trust. Some I can trust almost immediately, its sort of a gut feeling. Some, I never do.

I'm the one that hated school years. The social part about it. I wasn't popular. I got teased a lot, because as a late bloomer I looked more like a skinny boy and curves were nowhere to be found.

Like so many animal lovers, I prefer their company over some humans. While I love my family and have a number of GOOD friends, I keep the circle small.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind spending time alone, as a matter of fact, if I don't get some alone time every so often, I get downright grumpy. I'm a independent spirit.

While I have faith, I don't believe in religion. Or persecution. There is enough true evil in the world, why do so many religious people have to persecute innocent people simply based on whom they decide to love ? I don't believe that is what makes a good christian or a good person. Just try to be good and do good, whenever you can. My faith is private and personal, I do not have to be in a church to practice it.

I'm outdoor and nature loving. A dramatic sunset is one of the most beautiful things there are to look at. So much beauty out there. I love practical presents over things such as jewelry, purses or designer clothes. Not very girly girly, I'm afraid

The internet, forums and social media is a good way to socialize and talk to people in a "safe" way. As in, you can walk away, turn it on, turn it off. For people with social anxieties, this is a good thing.

I might come across quite different then I am. I don't let many people "in" and there are things I do not share with anyone at all. And never will. As is, I've shared more right here then I ever have "online". This proves just how much I find this forum different from many others. I know its still "the internet", but this place and most people that frequent it feels almost like a home. The good and bad of "family". (mostly good, lol..)

What is the most important thing to me in my life ? That would be my daughter.

So who are You ??
    Well you saved me a lot of work as I'm basically you - without the pretty face and fabulous legs

Everything you said just describes me .

You've covered everything apart from me being Aspergers and all that entails ... some brilliant things but many not so brilliant .... .

I've worked with Autistic & Asperger teenagers for the last 22 years .. still going strong - of course it's easier for me than my colleagues as I know how the kids are feeling ...

I just get immense satisfaction from getting these 'special young people' through the nightmare of High School ... I hated my time at school and I couldn't wait to get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-14-2018 at 02:23 PM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-14-2018),Craiga 01453 (03-14-2018),dakski (03-14-2018),hilabeans (03-14-2018),richardhind1972 (03-15-2018),Tila (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Hmmm, so much harder than sharing a picture!

Me in a nutshell:

I am a lover of all creatures - God, animal and human - and very possibly in that order. I have always preferred the company of animals, in all their varieties, to humans. They bring me great peace and calm my soul, therefore I am deeply appreciative of them. My favorite animal on earth is a Giant Pacific Octopus and I weep every time I'm in the presence of one. I'm simply overcome with gratitude that something so exceptional exists and I get to see it. Sigh...

But hey, people can be cool too, right?!

I have been married for 20 years to my best friend, and would give my life for him. I have two really cool daughters who are nothing alike, and nothing like me, and have been a total experiment for me. I learn something new every day from them and am so happy I get to spend my life with them. But one's a teen and the other one's a pre-teen, so they also regularly ruin my day and fill me with dread. #motherhood

I love literature, live theater, exotic travel, fancy words, basil pesto, and the deep blue sea. I love that the internet connects you to amazing people you would otherwise never (sorta) know, and hate that the internet shows me daily stories of suffering to remind me how sad it can be.

I hate horror movies, running late, going to the grocery store, zucchini, and disappointing people. I love how YouTube can show me how to do anything, both the right and the wrong way, and hate how adult content can somehow sneak in with child-friendly videos.

I think that's pretty good for the CliffsNotes version of me!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (03-14-2018),dakski (03-14-2018),Jus1More (03-15-2018),Tila (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Hmmm, so much harder than sharing a picture!

Me in a nutshell:

I am a lover of all creatures - God, animal and human - and very possibly in that order. I have always preferred the company of animals, in all their varieties, to humans. They bring me great peace and calm my soul, therefore I am deeply appreciative of them. My favorite animal on earth is a Giant Pacific Octopus and I weep every time I'm in the presence of one. I'm simply overcome with gratitude that something so exceptional exists and I get to see it. Sigh...

But hey, people can be cool too, right?!

I have been married for 20 years to my best friend, and would give my life for him. I have two really cool daughters who are nothing alike, and nothing like me, and have been a total experiment for me. I learn something new every day from them and am so happy I get to spend my life with them. But one's a teen and the other one's a pre-teen, so they also regularly ruin my day and fill me with dread. #motherhood

I love literature, live theater, exotic travel, fancy words, basil pesto, and the deep blue sea. I love that the internet connects you to amazing people you would otherwise never (sorta) know, and hate that the internet shows me daily stories of suffering to remind me how sad it can be.

I hate horror movies, running late, going to the grocery store, zucchini, and disappointing people. I love how YouTube can show me how to do anything, both the right and the wrong way, and hate how adult content can somehow sneak in with child-friendly videos.

I think that's pretty good for the CliffsNotes version of me!
    Blimey I'm also a lot like you as well apart from the lovely face again and your love of live theatre and basil pesto ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Blimey I'm also a lot like you as well apart from the lovely face again and your love of live theatre and basil pesto ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I've seen your face and it's every bit as lovely, don't sell yourself short. And seriously - you don't like basil pesto? Live theater is polarizing, I get that, but basil pesto should be on everything. Unless you're on a first date...

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Thanks

Not much to tell. I'm pretty unsociable outside of forum life. I've been an iron worker for 20 years so I stay inside as much as possible when I'm not at work. I was born and raised in Sanford Florida and I have a 12 year old son and 2 daughters 8 and 5. My interests outside of snarenting and parenting are Xbox, cooking, my car, and anything zombie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to c0r3yr0s3 For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-14-2018),Tila (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trust me the personality is the same .....I do tone it down bit online, so yeah I am only meaner in real life and no filter at all

Aside from being mean I am a tomboy (jeans, tshirt and cowboy boot are my thing, so is driving a muscle car) outgoing, driven, competitive, and like to be in control.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-14-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-15-2018),dakski (03-14-2018),hilabeans (03-14-2018),Jus1More (03-15-2018),Tila (03-14-2018),zina10 (03-14-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Trust me the personality is the same .....I do tone it down bit online, so yeah I am only meaner in real life and no filter at all

Aside from being mean I am a tomboy (jeans, tshirt and cowboy boot are my thing, so is driving a muscle car) outgoing, driven, competitive, and like to be in control.
    Could you specify the muscle car please? I love em all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thank you all, for sharing. I know it isn't as easy then to share a picture..

Zincubus, I know exactly what you are talking about. My daughter has Aspergers tendencies (what they call it). Its not a easy thing to live with, because people don't understand. She seems perfectly normal, more intelligent then most people, too. But to some, some of what she says (no filter) or her social anxieties make her seem "weird". And kids (people too) can be so cruel. It is hard enough to go through this in life, but to watch someone you love dealing with it, its hard. I don't normally talk about that at all.
    I think it is wonderful you help those young kids, they need someone that understands and that can build those bridges.

Hilabeans, you sound so kind and caring, you must be a wonderful person! Someone else that loves nature and animals. I think its amazing that you love Giant Octopus !! I find them fascinating, but never thought of them very often But how can you not like Zuccini ?? LOL. I love grilled zuccini, and I hate Pesto. I don't think I've ever had Basil Pesto, though. Might just have to try that!! And yes, teenagers...that's where grey hairs come from!!! LOL

c03yr0s3, I've seen what you have cooked, and what you talk about cooking and baking. That is amazing. I wish I loved cooking, because I love eating good, home made food !!!

Deborah, you totally sound badass !! That is a compliment btw

ps..i have a muscle truck, LOL, I love that thing!!! Its got plenty of go and power and well, I love trucks !!!
    Last edited by zina10; 03-14-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    Hilabeans, I forgot to mention, I also love google and youtube videos when it comes to try to learn to do something or figure something out. What did we do before google ?

I have done so many projects, renovations, even fixed problems on cars, pool equipment and all kinds of other things.

Even if its not a "fix it yourself" project, it helps to research it, so that whoever comes out to work on things (or car mechanics) can't pull the wool over your eyes !
    Zina

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (03-14-2018)

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast