Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,244

3 members and 3,241 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

View Poll Results: fav Olympic sport:

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • alpine skiing

0 0%
  • biathlon

0 0%
  • bobsled

0 0%
  • cross-country skiing

0 0%
  • curling

1 6.67%
  • figure skating

6 40.00%
  • freestyle skiing

0 0%
  • ice hockey

2 13.33%
  • luge

0 0%
  • nordic combined

0 0%
  • short track speed skating

0 0%
  • skeleton

1 6.67%
  • ski jumping

2 13.33%
  • snowboarding

1 6.67%
  • speed skating

0 0%
  • winter olympics are meh

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Winter Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I tried watching ice hockey and in one occasion I actually saw the puck ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hahahaha, yeah I can understand that. It's a tiny puck on a huge surface and so much happens so fast.
    Once you watch a bit and understand the game it gets easier to track the puck.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 02-21-2018 at 11:56 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-21-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I hate when the refs pull them apart in these international games, just let them duke it out lol. I'll probably end up tuning into that game at least in the 2nd period...game last night kind of ticked me off. I felt they could have won it, oh well.
    I love the fighting in hockey. Ive been playing since I was 4, so 35 years, and have always respected it as part of the game. However, I don't want to see fights at the Olympic level.

The US men looked lousy all tournament.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    The longer you watch , the easier it gets to pick up on it lol
    It's probably just me .. I get easily distracted ... same thing happens when I sit down once a year to watch the start of the SuperBowl ...
    It's usually about 15 minutes in when I actually catch sight of the ball

Banned
    Thanks

It's probably just me .. I get easily distracted ... same thing happens when I sit down once a year to watch the start of the SuperBowl ...
    It's usually about 15 minutes in when I actually catch sight of the ball

It's not just you. One of the major tv networks, I can't remember which one for the life of me, aired hockey years ago and tried to fix that issue. In order to attract new viewers to the sport and make it easier to see the puck they put a chip in the puck. The cameras picked up the chip and it left a bright blue trail behind the puck when it moved. It did make it easy to see the puck, but they caught a lot of flack from the old school hockey fans (the majority of the viewers) and did away with it.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 02-21-2018 at 12:56 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (02-21-2018),Zincubus (02-21-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    It's not just you. One of the major tv networks, I can't remember which one for the life of me, aired hockey years ago and tried to fix that issue. In order to attract new viewers to the sport and make it easier to see the puck they put a chip in the puck. The cameras picked up the chip and it left a bright blue trail behind the puck when it moved. It did make it easy to see the puck, but they caught a lot of flack from the old school hockey fans (the majority of the viewers) and did away with it.
    I grew up in Detroit in the 90s and as such was a HUGE red wings fan. I miss that glowing puck lol. It was fun to see how “fast” the puck was traveling. I really enjoyed it. I watch so little hockey now that it doesn’t make much of a difference but back then I was HOOKED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Yeah , I'd like that .... I'm probably one of the few who appreciate the graphics in golf when they are driving off the tee and they put a computer swoosh showing the flight of the ball ... I really like that touch but I'm guessing many will hate it ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah , I'd like that .... I'm probably one of the few who appreciate the graphics in golf when they are driving off the tee and they put a computer swoosh showing the flight of the ball ... I really like that touch but I'm guessing many will hate it ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I like that when watching golf as well

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-21-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

One of the major tv networks, I can't remember which one for the life of me, aired hockey years ago and tried to fix that issue.
    That was Fox Sports, here's a clip showing what it looked like:

And I agree, the more you watch, the easier it is to see. Also understanding the rules really ups the enjoyment of the game IMO and it's even more amazing seeing an NHL game in person.
    For the Horde!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-21-2018),Zincubus (02-21-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

ok Lindsey Vonn tried her best in what is apparently her last Olympic appearance and got Bronze. she raced (and cried) her heart out and we're proud of her! we also got Gold last night for Women's Cross-Country ski so that bumps us up to 5th place w/ 16 total medals so far. go USA!

That was really poor ... I think I could have done better than that and I've never been on the snow !!
    i bet u could!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    That Swaney chick made a mockery out the Olympics. As a National and World competitor in other sports I highly take exception to her antics. She selfishly took a slot at the pinnacle of competition. She wasted valuable time of all involved and spectating. Besides all of that, she looked like a total imbecile.
    totally! she barely go air (if at all) and no tricks/stunts besides a very weak 180 on her 6th slide up the half-pipe on her 1st run. there's a really long story/profile on her today here: https://sports.yahoo.com/liz-swaney-...012747577.html i've read half of it so far. they interview her dad and close friends. she tried out in a dozen different sports before switching to skiing, tried out for professional cheerleading for the Raiders, etc. u would think that she is a modern day Rudy Ruettiger (tries really hard, has heart, but not talented enough) until i read the part that she tried out to be a contestant on "Worst Cooks in America" so something seems to be seeking attention IMO. she still seems really positive despite all the criticism tho.

Watch the US women vs Canada tonight in the gold medal game. I'm telling you now it'll be a phenomenal hockey game. These teams hate each other and the game from 4 years ago was AMAZING. They played each other in a round robin game last week that was fantastic and ended with a scrappy flurry in front of Canada's net.
    Honestly, it's the one thing this Olympics I've legit been looking forward to
    Go USA Women's Hockey!

that get's annoying in actual gameplay. it's ok in (some) replays.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (02-22-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Add another GOLD to the US medal count!!!

What a phenomenal hockey game!!!! The US women came from behind in the 3rd period, went scoreless in Overtime and won 3-2 to bring home the GOLD!!!

Congrats Team USA ladies!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast