Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,766

2 members and 1,764 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

jpriebe2 (44)

» Stats

Members: 75,143
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jennifer660

Threaded View

Thanks

Second season is underway...and it's small, but exciting

So last year, thanks to this site and all I've learned about BPs, my wife and I hatched two wonderful clutches from our Lesser girls paired with our Crystal boy. All 12 babies were healthy and we kept two and sold the rest.

This year some of our other project snakes are finally reaching maturity and we have a few great projects. The first (and most exciting) is our Dreamsicle project. Currently, we have one female Dreamsicle who is finally up to size (she had previously been a mouser, but is now eating rats), along with two males, one lavender 66% het pied and one pied 66% het lavender. We're pairing the pied with our Dreamsicle and the lavender with a normal het pied female to try and prove out the males. We started the pairing of the lavender and het pied back in November and just had an ovulation, so hopefully we'll be seeing some eggs soon (possibly a lot of eggs as our het pied girl is 2800 grams). We just got our first lock with our pied and Dreamsicle, so the waiting begins with those two.

We're also breeding our new Enchi GHI boy to my prized pet Quorra, my second BP and a very sweet coral glow. We haven't had a lock yet, but hopefully it will happen soon.

Lastly, we are breeding our Crystal male again to our lesser girls, who have both bulked back up to close to 2000 grams each and are still eating like pigs. We just started pairing, so it may be a while before we have eggs.

Anyways, thanks for all the past help and I'll be updating this thread as our second year breeding progresses.

And now, some pics:

More to come of the others...
    6.10 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas - "Marco and Esmeralda"
    1.0 Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python - "Rossi"
    1.1 Boa Imperator Rescues - "Clifford and Bonnie"
    0.1 Hog Island Boa - "Luna"
    1.0 Dumeril's Boa - "Sage"

RIP Wintre
    My iHerp Page

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to treaux For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (04-10-2018),Alicia (02-20-2018),Ax01 (02-20-2018),richardhind1972 (02-20-2018),the_rotten1 (05-16-2018),zina10 (02-20-2018)