Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,976

0 members and 1,976 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Threaded View

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts
    So bad news is that Draco and Bud both perished in a flood while being cared for by a fellow herper. Losing Bud was absolutely crushing, I had him nearly half my life now. I'm just glad he had a place that was warm and secure during that time.

I also lost Demigod last year when I went to go see my family in WV. I was not given contact info for the person babysitting the snakes, despite constantly bugging my SO for said info every single day, he now doesn't doubt me (hopefully) when I worry about the snakes going out of town. Due to lack of communication, I came home to a snake room well above 100F. The babysitter assumed since they needed to be kept warm, they didn't want to mess something up and turn down the heat. They also fed Demigod...twice...despite my explicit directions not to do so. I came home to see some neurological issues in Demigod, Howl, River, Dominika, Nymeria, and Cloud about a week or two after (leaving only Crona and Tirel unaffected), but most of their issues all cleared up on their own without need for a vet. Demigod and Howl however....had some major issues, especially Demigod. I took him to the vet, they gave me the clear to try to feed him a very small mouse pink (he usually gets 3) a few weeks after the visit, but he regurged again and passed away a few days later. Howl had such bad muscle tension that his entire back half was squeezed into a tight knot that the vet could not untangle. He was given some anti-inflammatory and I was told to wait several weeks to feed him again, keep him hydrated and cool, and keep meals small for as long as I felt the need to do so. Howl made a perfect recovery after a few months, and then a few months ago I was comfortable enough to put him back on regular prey. Everyone has continued to do fine since.

It seems every single time I let someone watch my animals, SOMETHING happens. But there have been no issues since that happened, and everyone is doing great.

I started up a breeding colony of rats back in August, and I'm now full to the brim with holdbacks and litters. XD I really need to thin through the herd, or move ASAP. I'm producing at a good rate, I'm just really bad at letting cool rats go. lmao I plan on adding a 1:3 or 1:4 colony of mice soon, or ASF if I can find any. Or both, idk.

Nymeria was last measured at 4'8", and is 1,700 grams as of December. She's eaten a couple of times since then, so I'll need to weigh her again once she defecates.

Howl is looking a bit lean, but still healthy. Very glad he's no longer knotted up and is doing well.

Crona was weighed in at 825 grams last month, and is right around the 4' mark. He still sometimes bites me when I first take him out (I think it's a balance thing as he still flails a lot until he settles down), but he's overall calmed down a lot. He doesn't bite me randomly at least. lol

Tirel really needs to be weighed and measured again. She was 1,600 grams back in November. So she may have broken the 2,000 gram mark now. Still visibly larger than Nymeria.

River being River. Really crossing my fingers we find a house soon, I want all the snakes to be able to stretch out and see the sun again. And be able to get some pictures of me holding River a little easier.

Not much has changed with Cloud and Dominika.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

dr del (02-13-2020),Gio (02-08-2020),richardhind1972 (02-08-2020)