Hi, I'm pretty new to the ball python hobby. I've had kleo my mojave female for about 6 months and athena my yellowbelly het pied female for about 3 months by now. I'm starting to look into breeding. I want to do it for the enjoyment and experience out of it, but I'm hoping to plan it right to where i can make enough profit to not go broke funding this lol. I've read up on about as much as i can from here and other places. Also watched all of the Balls2u videos. I really like his way of explaining things. So this post is really just a chance to hear some others opinions and experiences.

My plan is to set up two projects at one time. One being in the pied, and the other with mojave/ghi. I'm in love with my girls so they both are for sure staying and being part of this. My plan is to get 2-3 females and a male for each project. My budget is around a grand for the remaining snakes needed.

Okay so for the mojave/ghi project i think i'll get a ghi male, and another mojave female with another gene like spider.

For the pied project i want to get a male pied, possibly another yellowbelly het pied female because pumpkin pieds are one of my favorites. I think my favorite morph so far is the banana pied, but they're expensive right now even the hets. So i thought maybe i could get a female banana and go the long route using the male pied then breeding back to a baby banana het pied. Using a female banana would also pass up the whole sex gene thing.

So mojave/ghi
1.0 ghi
0.1 mojave
0.1 mojave and (open to possibilities)

Pied
1.0 pied
0.2 yellowbelly het pied
0.1 banana maybe

I'd love to hear yalls opinions on this plan, and what you would do differently if it was you. Thanks for all responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk