Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

2 members and 3,396 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Got some newbee questions. Help please! :)

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbee when it comes to snakes......yet, I inherited a 4 month old ball python in Nov 2017. I knew nothing at all about pythons and everything I've learned has been on-line sources. I followed all the directions exactly for temp, humidity, hides, water, feeding...etc. etc... The snake has been doing well and eats weekly and doing all the things the website says its supposed to do.... except one thing.....its has not shed or even shown any of the signs that it may start shedding (ex: eyes and belly color). I spoke with the person who I got it from and they said they had had it for ~6 weeks before I got it, and it had not shed during that time either. Is there something wrong with it? Should I take it to a vet?

Second question, ....the snake has grown in the months that I've had him, but it seems he's gotten larger (thicker) in the lower part (last ~12 inches) of its body and not so much in the head or for the 1st 3-4 inches after the head. Is this normal or is something wrong?

I would love any advice I could get for my new friend
    thank you all!!
    Erin
    Last edited by Erin; 02-12-2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling error