Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,145

2 members and 3,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Grrrr....FB groups!

Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    I hate to make a second post back to back on this thread but I feel like I have to comment here!

It is very unfortunate that sales are moving to Facebook! I’ve inquired a few times about different animals on morphmarket and usually get a response of “more pictures and the feeding schedule are located on Facebook. Look me up”
    First off, I don’t have a Facebook so No. Secondly, if you are going to run a BUSINESS through your Facebook you need to be 100% aware of the crap you post. I went to one guys page using my wife’s Facebook account and it was fuuuullll of political crap. I don’t care what you believe or which way you lean. I want to do a business transaction with you. If you have that much political stuff posted you are alienating 50% of your possible customers. I instantly stopped responding to him and went on my way looking for another animal

Keep
    It
    Professional !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes... The only ones I like that are on FB are the ones with a legit FB business page. Those that do sales through their personal pages are not very professional IMO and make it more difficult for buyers. I've gone to some of those before and not been able to see photos, etc. unless I "friend" them. I don't like to friend people I don't actually know, so that usually kills the potential sale for me.

I like it when people have a standard website, but understand that can be expensive to host and difficult to update. When I start breeding, I will probably have to do sales privately at first, then expand to a FB business page, then eventually want my own website if I can can find a hosting service and design program that will be possible for me to do myself.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

I don't like facebook for many reasons. Time to slither off now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I like when businesses or breeder have a facebook page.

BUT, it needs to be a page solely for that business. Not personal and no private stuff.

I like it because it makes it easy for them to post pictures and updates and it makes it easy for me to follow those updates. Its not as easy to constantly update web pages, and I wouldn't think of checking all kinds of web pages every couple of days just in case there may be an update.

Facebook is one of those things that is "what you make it". I don't post personal stuff and I don't air out family issues for everyone to see.

I keep a VERY SMALL friends list. Tiny really. And I like it that way. Every so often I go through it and delete some people. Its the "OCD" anti-pack rat in me. I like the convenience of keeping up with friends and pages I'm interested in, and the stuff I do not care for gets ignored.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-14-2018),PitOnTheProwl (02-16-2018),redshepherd (02-17-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I like when businesses or breeder have a facebook page.

BUT, it needs to be a page solely for that business. Not personal and no private stuff.
    d.
    Bob Clark had. Cool FB page. I love to see his pics from the 70's etc...
    I got my Albino Burm from him 20 years ago. A lot of people talk down as he is a Big breeder but if you dealt with him in person people would see he isnt just a Flipper. He loves and cares for his snakes and is just a kind person in general.
    Anyway, he has a cool FB hahha

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-14-2018)

Thanks
    I do like a combination of a legit website (can have "projects" page, husbandry info, etc.) and then a FB business page for current updates on litters / clutches or available animals. I've seen many breeders have a website and then link their FB business page to it for updates and I like that method a lot. That allows people to find you on Google or other searches for general info about your business and animals and then use FB as a tool to keep people updated on what you have available.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    As plenty of others have said, i've definitely found forums like this much more reliable than an average FB group. Yes, there are good communities out there, but they are extremely hard to find and since they can be made by anyone with basic knowledge of the site, often have people running them who don't know much about the thing the group is based on. Honestly i'e been through plenty of forums for aquatics in the past, and though this is my first herping one, I can say that i've figured out that the older the active forum, the better, cause they are obviously doing something right.

The more silent you become, the more you are able to hear...

​1.0 Super Cinny Banana Het Ghost BP - "Churro"
    1.0 Mack Snow Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Normal Leopard Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    I joined the largest one I could find last week (Members wise). My first Reply to a question was deleted by a Moderator. The reason was ( we don't suggest anything that isn't cookie cutter here). The OP question was what could she do in the mean time for a Respiratory infection. She could not get a appointment for a while..there are times you cant dig into everyones personal life and pin them down as to why the Vet Appointment isn't sooner.. All we can do sometimes is suggest things that might possibly help the immediate situation in hopes it helps the animal some.
    --anyway I said to raise the heat some etc.. and posted a link to a Nebulizer that Brian did a video for on Animal Bytes. Ohh boy that was a NO NO

This is honestly absurd. I am hoping this answer was somewhat in jest. However, now I have to ask, what was the correct "cookie cutter" response in this type of situation? Build an altar to Baytril?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Regius_049 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slicercrush View Post
    As plenty of others have said, i've definitely found forums like this much more reliable than an average FB group. Yes, there are good communities out there, but they are extremely hard to find and since they can be made by anyone with basic knowledge of the site, often have people running them who don't know much about the thing the group is based on. Honestly i'e been through plenty of forums for aquatics in the past, and though this is my first herping one, I can say that i've figured out that the older the active forum, the better, cause they are obviously doing something right.
    This forum is the best resource I've found too, over other forums too and way better than every ball python specific fb group I've been in... All the fb groups either swing from one extreme or the other, if you know what I mean. Either people who provide bioactive 5 foot enclosures for their one hatchling ball python are praised, or of course the other extreme being all ball pythons should only live in tubs as hides and shouldn't be provided with anything else.

While I'm glad this forum is chill about everything in between for caring properly for a snake as long as it is healthy and husbandry is met.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 02-17-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    The group that kicked out Justin K. and others is, imho, a group of rude bullies that "know it all" and have some kind of "power complex". The administrators and their groupies enjoy tearing people apart. There attitude is reminiscent of "Lord of the flies".

I joined that group and before I even introduced myself, I left again. All it took is reading through some posts for a couple of days to be completely turned off.

Those people will also come to other FB groups and mouth off. When I mentioned our forum to some people needing help, one of "those" people had the nerve to badmouth this forum, calling us all "nice" but outdated oldies that are all about "fluff and butterflies" while promoting outdated practices that endanger the snakes.

Uh..right.

I don't even bother replying to idiots like this, nor do I have any desire to join a group of those hateful, rude know it alls.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    The group that kicked out Justin K. and others is, imho, a group of rude bullies that "know it all" and have some kind of "power complex". The administrators and their groupies enjoy tearing people apart. There attitude is reminiscent of "Lord of the flies".

I joined that group and before I even introduced myself, I left again. All it took is reading through some posts for a couple of days to be completely turned off.

Those people will also come to other FB groups and mouth off. When I mentioned our forum to some people needing help, one of "those" people had the nerve to badmouth this forum, calling us all "nice" but outdated oldies that are all about "fluff and butterflies" while promoting outdated practices that endanger the snakes.

Uh..right.

I don't even bother replying to idiots like this, nor do I have any desire to join a group of those hateful, rude know it alls.
    yep, the narcissistic, toxic relationships that fester within the walls of Facebook. Lol. I’ve never been in any snake group, but all of Facebook has these types of people, who are usually the most active Facebook members it seems. Again, good riddance to that dump, and most “social media” sites. Full of trash opinions and very little intelligent discussion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-17-2018)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast