Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,174

1 members and 3,173 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts
    Goodness, I don't even want to think about all the tornadoes coming this year. We're one of those towns from 2011 that had an F5 mow half the buildings over. My roommate and I were speculating how bad it would be come spring, considering how extreme our summer last year and winter thus far have been. When this winter weather stalls around and meets the incoming summer weather.... Ugh. I don't even have a basement right now - an unfortunate aspect of apartment living.

If you want reasons to not ever have this weather, just look up "Joplin Tornado 2011". Stuff of nightmares..... Why do I still live in tornado alley again? Lol.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: First Tornado warning of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Goodness, I don't even want to think about all the tornadoes coming this year. We're one of those towns from 2011 that had an F5 mow half the buildings over. My roommate and I were speculating how bad it would be come spring, considering how extreme our summer last year and winter thus far have been. When this winter weather stalls around and meets the incoming summer weather.... Ugh. I don't even have a basement right now - an unfortunate aspect of apartment living.

If you want reasons to not ever have this weather, just look up "Joplin Tornado 2011". Stuff of nightmares..... Why do I still live in tornado alley again? Lol.
    We don't have a basement either, no one around here does. Unless they live on a hill and have one of those "walk in basements".

We just go to the office, which is a room in the middle of the house with no windows. Of course as soon as I'm trying to round up the animals, they all run in different directions!

This tornado warning was just so weird. Normally we have a inkling that something "may" develop. That the weather points to a possibility. Then, hours before, we have a "tornado watch".

This time? NOTHING. Straight to "Tornado warning" (meaning rotation nearby or a tornado on the ground), sirens and messages on the phone and emergency radio to "take cover now".

I was like...WHAAAAAAAAT??? At first I thought it may be a test, but then again, it was stormy outside.

This is really early into the year, I hope this is not a sign or whats to come, sigh..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    We don't have a basement either, no one around here does. Unless they live on a hill and have one of those "walk in basements".

We just go to the office, which is a room in the middle of the house with no windows. Of course as soon as I'm trying to round up the animals, they all run in different directions!

This tornado warning was just so weird. Normally we have a inkling that something "may" develop. That the weather points to a possibility. Then, hours before, we have a "tornado watch".

This time? NOTHING. Straight to "Tornado warning" (meaning rotation nearby or a tornado on the ground), sirens and messages on the phone and emergency radio to "take cover now".

I was like...WHAAAAAAAAT??? At first I thought it may be a test, but then again, it was stormy outside.

This is really early into the year, I hope this is not a sign or whats to come, sigh..
    That's pretty much how it was with Joplin, except they get so many false-alarm tornado sirens. My roommate had never heard one until we moved to the city; she lived out in the country and you can't hear the sirens from there. People didn't take the first siren seriously, and it didn't look bad yet -- and then they sounded a second siren, and that only happened a few minutes before the F5 rolled right through and smashed through a hospital.

We haven't even had a tornado since we've moved, but they test the sirens once a month Wednesday morning at 10AM, and that kind of freaked roomy out haha!

I get'cha on the development thing -- sometimes the sky just looks "mean", and there's that evil green tint to everything. Maybe it's a time-of-year thing that that didn't happen? We've been having huge weather shifts and it's been wreaking havoc on my sinuses lol. One day it's 55, next two days it's 25 and snowing again. What the mcHeck. Chill out, weather. I don't want a storm right now. Please and thank you.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    That's pretty much how it was with Joplin, except they get so many false-alarm tornado sirens. My roommate had never heard one until we moved to the city; she lived out in the country and you can't hear the sirens from there. People didn't take the first siren seriously, and it didn't look bad yet -- and then they sounded a second siren, and that only happened a few minutes before the F5 rolled right through and smashed through a hospital.

We haven't even had a tornado since we've moved, but they test the sirens once a month Wednesday morning at 10AM, and that kind of freaked roomy out haha!

I get'cha on the development thing -- sometimes the sky just looks "mean", and there's that evil green tint to everything. Maybe it's a time-of-year thing that that didn't happen? We've been having huge weather shifts and it's been wreaking havoc on my sinuses lol. One day it's 55, next two days it's 25 and snowing again. What the mcHeck. Chill out, weather. I don't want a storm right now. Please and thank you.
    I have the same problem with the weather messing up my sinuses. Plus I get wicked migraines and balance problems (vertigo). Blood pressure goes crazy..

Our weather isn't good for that, the extreme up and downs, whew.

I know exactly what you say, normally one can even "tell" if something bad is brewing. You can almost feel it. The sky does look greenish. The pressure feels "off".

We had NONE of that.

That's the most creepy of it all, I think...
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    I've honestly never considered this a possibility and I live in Texas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123