Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,443

3 members and 3,440 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: enchi gene here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i think u are too focused on KRG and that's all u see. not too many peeps work w/ KRG so it seems very exciting but keep it mind Enchi does similar things. OD, Blade and other genes help clean patterns also.

TBH i'm not familar w/ KRG and that BP u are buying looks like a reduced Enchi to me. i would attribute the additional reduction in the last 1/3 of that BP to KRG. 2 big things in Enchis always jump out to me: 1) the pixelation coming up their sides into the pattern. u know how Calico's and Sugars often have white speckling? Enchi has that put in smaller pixels of yellow/orange w/ black speckling thrown in; 2) reduced (wide) pattern that includes banding and limited dots. they also usually have some light orange blushing and greenish eyes.

Edit: would u happen to be getting this BP from Tropical Tom? he's an old timer from my neck of the woods and works w/ KRG and has been into reptiles for like a million years.
    Awesome! I didn't know the fine pixelation was an Enchi feature. Just the information I was looking for, thank you. And YES, Tropical Tom is hooking me up. He is also getting me a Pastel Het Piebald. Both snakes are 2014 females, so they will be adults in no time! (though he has kept them small for their age, they should be full grown by now at 3+ years old, unless he hasn't updated the weight info on Morphmarket, which is likely.)

Thanks
    Yes AX01, I am obsessed with banded and reduced patterns, so I have done heavy research into Enchi, Kalabash, Blade, Woma, puzzle, and a pretty much everything that gives a reduced, banded look to the pattern. The only criticism I have with Enchi, is that I like when the banding stays black, and often it is faded to dark auburn bands on Enchi.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Awesome! I didn't know the fine pixelation was an Enchi feature. Just the information I was looking for, thank you. And YES, Tropical Tom is hooking me up. He is also getting me a Pastel Het Piebald. Both snakes are 2014 females, so they will be adults in no time! (though he has kept them small for their age, they should be full grown by now at 3+ years old, unless he hasn't updated the weight info on Morphmarket, which is likely.)

i was gonna buy live feeders from Tropical Tom but then i told him i only needed 2 a week, so he was like yeah, Lol it's probably not worth my time. call me back when u wanna buy in bulk.

Edit:
    Yes AX01, I am obsessed with banded and reduced patterns, so I have done heavy research into Enchi, Kalabash, Blade, Woma, puzzle, and a pretty much everything that gives a reduced, banded look to the pattern.
    The only criticism I have with Enchi, is that I like when the banding stays black, and often it is faded to dark auburn bands on Enchi.
    yes, Enchi is blushed. also u see, this is where BP genetics gets fun! it's all in the technical details. now how do u eliminate the blushing? do u had a darkening gene like Blackblack and risk adding pattern? or do u keep holdbacks and line breed out the darkest ones?
    Last edited by Ax01; 02-06-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (02-06-2018)

Thanks

Re: enchi gene here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]
    yes, Enchi is blushed. also u see, this is where BP genetics gets fun! it's all in the technical details. now how do u eliminate the blushing? do u had a darkening gene like Blackblack and risk adding pattern? or do u keep holdbacks and line breed out the darkest ones?
    Yes, now you see why I wanted the Kalabash Enchi combo. The Kalabash bands stay black, and if you look at the photos, they are black on that snake even after 3+ years. (One reason why I was skeptical of the Enchi gene being there, but that is now cleared up, I see the pixelation and slight blushing for sure.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12