Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,263

3 members and 2,260 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

Question No longer locking?

I have been pairing my male Pewter to my female Enchi this season. Started last November. Have witnessed several good locks. Usually hook up within hours of being put together.
    2 weeks ago we moved. Pretty smooth transition. Everyone is still eating well.
    Friday I put them together again and they don't want to have anything to do with each other. Just curled up together in the back of the tub.
    A couple of differences in the environment. The rack is in a more open area.
    A little more light, a little more traffic with my boys bedrooms being in the area. My ambient temps have also dropped a little. I was able to keep the old room at right around 80.
    Now ambient is more between 70 and 75. Hot spot still holding good at 90. Humidity is still good.
    I am planning on changing the tubs to ones that are not clear to help darken things a little.
    I am guessing there may be a little stress from the change in the environment that is causing this? Or do they tend to stop locking when the female has progressed beyond a certain point?
    This is my first attempt at breeding so I just want to make sure things are still ok. My incubator is all ready to go if we get any eggs this year.
    1.0 Pewter (Morpheus)
    0.1 Enchi (Percephone)
    1.0 Coral Glow (Odysseus)
    0.1 Butter Pastel (Guinevere)
    0.1 Fire 66% Poss Het Caramel Albino (Athena)
    0.1 Pinstripe (Selene)
    0.1 VPI Axanthic (Circie)
    1.0 Fire Mojave (Lucian)

Thanks
    If the situation had not changed and they did not lock I would say your female may have ovulated and there may be no need to pair anymore. However, since stress may be a factor you may not know. Usually when a pair refuses to lock, I pair one more time (full time) checking twice daily. If no locks the second time, I cease pairing that female for the season. Once they stop locking you still have a couple months before eggs.
    Nothing

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladybugzcrunch For This Useful Post:

mcamnl (01-28-2018),Reptilius (01-29-2018)