Curious how to go about housing a 1.2 group of Tokay geckos. I’ve read up on their care and husbandry the past couple days, and plan to do a lot more reading and research before pulling the trigger on anything, but I found an ad on Craigslist from a mom rehoming some of her sons reptiles and is offering the trio for 60 dollars. They look pretty rough, thin with stuck sheds and in a tank with no hide or anything to climb on, and I’d love to give them a home where they can flourish and be their sassy little selves.

I’m in the process of converting to tubs from tanks, so I’m curious if they can thrive in some sort of tub set up or if they’re better suited for aboreal cages? Any particular brands or suggested set ups?

I have never kept Tokay geckos, or really any aboreal geckos of any kind. I had a leopard gecko several years back but I know the care between the two species is very different. Any ideas, opinions, suggestions, extra resources or caresheets I should look at, it’s all greatly appreciated. Let me know what y’all think!

Also sorry if this post is disjointed, I am in class so if I forgot to ask anything i’ll add it lol