Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,347

2 members and 3,345 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    You want to move the snake just because it's going into shed?

It seems to me it was suggested as a semi permanent solution until your snake gains some size.

You can either move to the tub long term or fix the issues you have in the current cage. I wouldn't move it back and forth.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Re: My ball python won't eat? Also something in nostril? Linked?

Start from scratch, use a UTH to heat the tub. Or if your house is cool you can use a lamp stand to raise your ambient, or just put down another UTH to raise up your cool side temps. Remember that every heat source needs to be regulated, with a thermostat or dimmer. Spraying should be fine to keep your humidity, but too low humidity hasn't really been an issue with my tubs.

Thanks

Thumbs up My Ball Python Finally Ate!!!!

So I made the small 7 qt. tub a part of the cage and added a few more hides to cramp up the huge 40 gallon tank I have. I put a frozen mouse in the tub and put the snake in the tub last night. I waited 15 minutes and nothing. I decided to just take off the lid of the tub so she has the option to leave if she doesn't want to eat the mouse or eats it and wants out. So I left the frozen ( now thawed) mouse in the tub all night. Typically when she doesn't want to eat it she'll leave it alone and go in her hide. So this morning I wake up and check on her and she is just sitting there in the tub with her head pointed at the dead mouse. I thought that was interesting and she hadn't done that yet, so I put a live mouse in, put the lid back on to the tub and waited...at first I didn't think she was going to want to eat the mouse because she was frightened by it when the mouse touched her. But once the mouse settled down she smelt the air, pointed at it, and then continued to snatch it up! I'm so relieved!!!! Also she had her first shed since I've gotten her a few days ago

Thank you guys so much for all your help!! Her fast has been broken!

Also, along with the shed she no longer has anything in her nose. But she didn't have a complete shed. She still has skin left on the top of her head and I believe either one or both her eyes....Should I just leave her to getting it off herself since it didn't hinder her from eating or should I do something to help and if so, what?

Thanks guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123