Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

4 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Ball python breeding options

Hello everyone,
    I have a couple ball pythons I'm raising up to size and wanted to get some feedback on what possible options you guys would think would be the best or create the most unique morphs.

Currently I have 3 pairs of double recessive balls,
    1.0 Albino Pied 1.0 Het Albino/Pied poss Cinnamon (should I sell him because the other male takes his place) & 0.1 Het Albino/Pied poss Cinnamon (breeder maybe low expression cinnamon but probably not)
    1.0 Het Clown/Albino 0.1 Het Clown/Albino
    1.0 Axanthic (TSK) het Lavender Albino 0.1 Het Axanthic (TSK)/Lavender Albino

As well as 2 Co-doms
    1.0 Banana Mojave
    0.1 Bamboo Mojave

My question here once i breed the pairs together who should i breed with who, saying if luck was on my side and achieved the 1/8 and 1/16 odds.

Thanks,
    -Caren

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Looks like you have them paired up pretty well. Keep in mind that any pairing you come up with is just for the first year, you can keep mixing things up every year after that. Once I realized that my pairs were just for the first year I didn't put too much thought into the pairs. Next year I'm planning on swapping just about all my pairs so I can get unique combos every year.

Thanks

Re: Ball python breeding options

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsrahc View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have a couple ball pythons I'm raising up to size and wanted to get some feedback on what possible options you guys would think would be the best or create the most unique morphs.

Currently I have 3 pairs of double recessive balls,
    1.0 Albino Pied 1.0 Het Albino/Pied poss Cinnamon (should I sell him because the other male takes his place) & 0.1 Het Albino/Pied poss Cinnamon (breeder maybe low expression cinnamon but probably not)

1.0 Het Clown/Albino 0.1 Het Clown/Albino

1.0 Axanthic (TSK) het Lavender Albino 0.1 Het Axanthic (TSK)/Lavender Albino

As well as 2 Co-doms
    1.0 Banana Mojave
    0.1 Bamboo Mojave

My question here once i breed the pairs together who should i breed with who, saying if luck was on my side and achieved the 1/8 and 1/16 odds.

Thanks,
    -Caren
    I would keep the 1.0 Het Albino/Pied poss Cinnamon till the visual male is more then capable of taking over. (can you show me both cinnies?)
    With creating Hets / pairing stuff together I prefer to breed Visual recessive to co-doms for example to make hets.. instead of making possible hets.

You could put the albino pied or axanthic male to the bamboo mojave female also... or just put the banana mojave male on the bamboo mojave, other then that i would just keep the het pairs together untill you get visuals to make more co-doms + hets.

Thanks

Hello,
    So my ball pythons are still young and both males will be ready to breed when the females are ready. I can’t post the pics now because I’m on my phone but they are the two bottom ball pythons in my pictures with the eightball clutch in it ( not mine but the breeders).

Thanks
    Here is pics of the parents from the breeder,
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Here are the hatchlings and the clutch (they are the bottom babies) from the breeder Matt Marberg
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Dragonsrahc; 01-16-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks

Hello,
    So my ball pythons are still young and both males will be ready to breed when the females are ready. I can’t post the pics now because I’m on my phone but they are the two bottom ball pythons in my pictures with the eightball clutch in it ( not mine but the breeders).
    Do you have updated pics you have taken yourself ?

If they all are about the same age i would stick with the visual male (if the het male is not a cinnamon) With the visual X het pairing you have better odds at hitting visuals which you could add to your breeding collection

Thanks
    Since I don’t know definitively if he’s cinnamon or not should I wait till he’s breeding size get a breeding size female whether it’s normal, black pastel, cinnamon, or other morph and see if I can get the cinnamon to come through. Because if it turns out that both my male and female are cinnamons I have a chance at super cinnamon pied albino correct?

Thanks

Since I don’t know definitively if he’s cinnamon or not should I wait till he’s breeding size get a breeding size female whether it’s normal, black pastel, cinnamon, or other morph and see if I can get the cinnamon to come through. Because if it turns out that both my male and female are cinnamons I have a chance at super cinnamon pied albino correct?

if they are both cinnamon yes, but honestly i see 2 normals. Hence why i asked better pictures because there is nothing in those 2 picks that will make me say they are cinnamons.

Example of a few of my cinnamons: