Recently sold my fish aquarium and decided to venture into the snake world.

Currently looking at purchasing a normal ball python (prefer the color over the more expensive different colored ones) have done my research and read a lot of articles on their behaviour and care. Just had a few additional questions for you experts.

1) Looking at buying a Python that is still a juvenile, there are a few owners selling theirs for good prices. Would there be a particular Age you wouldn't recommend buying, or an Age you'd stay under.

2) Tank size, my aquarium was in the living room, was a 150 Gallon tank, took up a lot of room but really made the room shine. Regarding tank size for a snake, I see they don't require much space, but I'd prefer a bigger tank to make up for the space. However is this something you guys would recommend or is there an ideal size.

3) Cleaning, I see you should be cleaning at least once a week, but what about spot cleaning every couple days or picking up the feces. Or do they not really make a mess and a week is good enough?

4) Substrate, which one have you guys found works best, other than newspaper? Are they active climbers, are branches recommend?

5) Lightning and heating. Heating pads vs heat bulb? And if you use a heat bulb, does that count as your red light at night and you just use your house light during the day?

6) Last question, handling, how often do you guys do it and for how long. Can you do it multiple times during the day?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been following this forum and you guys definitely know more than the pet shop people and I just want to make sure I'm doing a good job.

Side question, decided to go with a Ball Python because I read they are probably the best starter snake, if I did Boa instead, would you recommend it or no?

Thanks in advance!